• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

in need of a garage in SO-CAL...

hey guys, i have wedding to attend to somewhere in LA next saturaday the 1st of september. my girlfriend and i are planning to take the nsx down there but i'm not too comfortable with parking the nsx on the streets or at the holiday inn. i'm wondering if anyone has a space in their garage for me to park the car one possibly two nights. i'll be in the LA area late afternoon on friday the 31st and the actually wedding's on the 1st of sept. if anyone's willing to allow my nsx to share a stable with one of your own then i'll make it worth your time and take you and your wife out on friday night for dinner and maybe a few drinks.

please get back to me soon. i apologize for posting this last minute status. i've been out of the country for 5 months and i've only gotten back two days ago.

thanks guys.

where are you staying? which holiday inn? city?

not exactly sure yet because i'm just going to show up and find accomodation somewhere midway between where i'll leave the car and where the actually reception is at. i checked the invitation card again it says that my friend is having her wedding at a church in rancho pelos verde i believe. i'm not too familiar with this area at all. where are you located by the way? maybe if i get into town early we can go cruise the pch. get back to me and let me know your whereabouts. thanks.

peter

not exactly sure yet because i'm just going to show up and find accomodation somewhere midway between where i'll leave the car and where the actually reception is at. i checked the invitation card again it says that my friend is having her wedding at a church in rancho pelos verde i believe. i'm not too familiar with this area at all. where are you located by the way? maybe if i get into town early we can go cruise the pch. get back to me and let me know your whereabouts. thanks.

peter

Umm.... Rancho Palos Verdes is a very nice area. Nobody will care about your NSX and/or mess with it. There are plenty, and I mean plenty, of very nice nice cars in that area. If I were you I would stay somewhere in the South Bay, maybe Redondo or Mahattan Beach, both upscale areas where you should be able to find a decent hotel near the beach for not too much ($100 or so per night). And it won't be too far from the airport or your wedding location......

I live on the Peninsula not far from the Avenue, but unfortunately do not have a free space in my garage.

I don't think you'd encounter many problems parking anywhere around Palos Verdes. The covered lot at the Avenue is definitely a convenient stop since it is rarely full and always has open spots with extra space to the side (in corners), but I have no idea what their overnight policy is. PV also has a strong police presence (definitely do not speed around here).

That said, I occasionally read (in our local paper) reports of car thefts in the business zoned region that includes the Avenue (though I can't recall a specific incident AT the Avenue). No area is completely safe from potential crime, so I'm not sure I'd want to leave a car overnight in a mall's parking lot. I don't think it has security monitoring the lot 24-7.

So where exactly is the wedding and the reception? My wife and I got married at the PV Country Club...11 years ago.

hello Peter,
I live in Redondo Beach, and would be happy to provide you with a garage space. My girlfriend and I will not be available for dinner Friday night, although we appreciate your kind offer.
Regards,
Corey

hello Peter,
I live in Redondo Beach, and would be happy to provide you with a garage space. My girlfriend and I will not be available for dinner Friday night, although we appreciate your kind offer.
Regards,
Corey

I gotta say...."You meet the nicest people in a Honda" (I know it's really "on a Honda", but in this case "in a Honda" applies). :smile:

I live on the Peninsula not far from the Avenue, but unfortunately do not have a free space in my garage.

I don't think you'd encounter many problems parking anywhere around Palos Verdes. The covered lot at the Avenue is definitely a convenient stop since it is rarely full and always has open spots with extra space to the side (in corners), but I have no idea what their overnight policy is. PV also has a strong police presence (definitely do not speed around here).

That said, I occasionally read (in our local paper) reports of car thefts in the business zoned region that includes the Avenue (though I can't recall a specific incident AT the Avenue). No area is completely safe from potential crime, so I'm not sure I'd want to leave a car overnight in a mall's parking lot. I don't think it has security monitoring the lot 24-7.

So where exactly is the wedding and the reception? My wife and I got married at the PV Country Club...11 years ago.

i thank you all for you kind offers, but ediddynsx lives in that area and he sent me a pm saying that he has space so i'm going to take him on his offer.

akira3d, i do believe it is at PV the country club.

Back