• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

In Need of a new Dad

I am searching for a new Dad. My current one owns three (I think) NSX's. Only one of them is running. I think he is afraid to finish another car becasue he knows that I will kick his ass on the track. Even if he does put another one together, I highly doubt that he will let me behind the stearing wheel (or will end up putting a speed limiter set at 1000). He has had these extra cars for years.

The type of father i am looking for will have the following attributes:
A high HP track ready NSX to give me
Gas money
Quarterly Father and Son vacations
A dad who will not cry when all he see's is the back of my NSX

Before sending me your resume for this position, please check the stats with the previous father to make sure that you are fully capable of the job. His name is Bob Kenney.

Have you tried "Craiglist"?:wink:

I am searching for a new Dad. My current one owns three (I think) NSX's. Only one of them is running. I think he is afraid to finish another car becasue he knows that I will kick his ass on the track. Even if he does put another one together, I highly doubt that he will let me behind the stearing wheel (or will end up putting a speed limiter set at 1000). He has had these extra cars for years.

The type of father i am looking for will have the following attributes:
A high HP track ready NSX to give me
Gas money
Quarterly Father and Son vacations
A dad who will not cry when all he see's is the back of my NSX

Before sending me your resume for this position, please check the stats with the previous father to make sure that you are fully capable of the job. His name is Bob Kenney.

I think what you need is a dad who doesn't have any fancy cars, but who brings you up to understand and appreciate important concepts like hard work (and, yes, fatherly love). So that you expect to have to work hard to get enough money to buy a car and gas money yourself, rather than having everything given to you.

let me paypal ya a few months to club penguin, junior.
sad..... dad will love reading this.
images

I don't think you Dad hates you, he is probably trying to encourage you to EARN yourself enough money to buy your own NSX. Then when you beat him at the track it will be because YOU put together a kick A$$ NSX!!!

Nothing is ever appreciated unless you know how much sweat went into obtaining it. The sooner you realize this the further ahead you will be in the long run.

I think what you need is a dad who doesn't have any fancy cars, but who brings you up to understand and appreciate important concepts like hard work (and, yes, fatherly love). So that you expect to have to work hard to get enough money to buy a car and gas money yourself, rather than having everything given to you.

that's what my father said to me, in my teenage years.:biggrin:

I didn't understand the feeling of satisfaction i would gain from earning what i had, even if it was a toaster, until years later. My father is a great man.:smile:

He doesn't hate you. He doesn't want to spoil you.

Hey Bob, since you're back in the market...

... can I be your son? :biggrin:

I'll be happy to live by your rules while living under your roof. I'll put the tools back where they belong and I'll never use the lift without first asking permission. Hand-me-down engine? No problem for me. I've already gone to college so you won't need to pay for that and I'm a good speller too. Every time we go to the track together, you can be assured that I'll be a gracious loser. Nothing is too good for my new old man. I'll even pay the lawyer to change over the will and all the trust documents.

What do you say?

Pretty much, shock me with a pic of your hot mom, sister, aunt...... neighbor..... Other than that, this thread is...... well I can't describe how weird this is. Then the fact that it INITIALLY ended up in the Wanted section for cars.

refer to the thread "dad its the wrong color" replace the other car with "NSX" replace Whiny girl with thread starter.

++1

I'm with your dad. I hate you too.

I think this is a hilarious thread -- totally the kind of thing I would've done as a teenager. Since I'm not a teenager now - here's the best advice I can give you toward *getting* an NSX from your stingy father.

- Make him *want* to give you one. Or use of one of his. That includes all the obvious lame stuff like getting good grades, etc. but also might include doing something(s) that REALLY make him proud. Could be starting a small business. Or trying out a new sport (not cheerleading haha).

- Don't be a putz and post on a message board stupid things that inappropriately reflect on your dad, amongst his pals. Your *2nd* post ought to be an apology to him, and hopefully in the next year or two, your 3rd will be about your new NSX. :smile:

(I CAN'T BELIEVE how old I sound writing that. Fuck! I only just turned 30!)

Last edited:
I always thought this tread was a spoof, but I looked at something. I looked at this guy's profile; his name, location, occupation, etc. There is a guy with his name, located in Chicago, and has the same job as he describes in his profile.

Who knows, perhaps there was some goof ball reading the Chicago Tribune and eating his ceral one morning and decided to spoof Prime. Saw the guy's name in the paper and used it.

Also strange he's only had one post and no replys to all of these threads.

If it's a spoof, and I think it is, he did a good job.:biggrin: I think a lot of people on here actually believed it.

Back