• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

In Need of a new Dad

I always thought this tread was a spoof, but I looked at something. I looked at this guy's profile; his name, location, occupation, etc. There is a guy with his name, located in Chicago, and has the same job as he describes in his profile.

Who knows, perhaps there was some goof ball reading the Chicago Tribune and eating his ceral one morning and decided to spoof Prime. Saw the guy's name in the paper and used it.

Also strange he's only had one post and no replys to all of these threads.

If it's a spoof, and I think it is, he did a good job.:biggrin: I think a lot of people on here actually believed it.

Since this fellow hasn't written back since then... I doubt it. My (quite confident) guess is that Mr. Kenney Sr. has grounded the hell out of Mr. Kenney Jr. for being a numbnut on NSX Prime.

Assuming that is the case, one last bit of advice (because I like your gumption in starting this in the first place):

Whether it's for an NSX or a job promotion -- there's always someone above you that can EITHER help you OR hurt you. In the case of this NSX, your pops has zero obligation to even let you hold the keys. So, if you want one, or to even drive it, you need to make him *want to* help you out. In college, or when you're starting your first job, it's the people that you impress and that like you (from above) that will pull you up the ranks and help you get what you want.

So -- pissing off your dad is exactly the opposite of how you should go about getting your NSX. He doesn't owe you a Schwinn bicycle, much less a nice car. You'll only get one because he has the resources and *desire* to give one to you.

PS -- if you **really** want to piss him off (in a great way), tell him, just when he offers to help you out in getting your own: "I don't want your money or NSX, I'll make it on my own"

Since this fellow hasn't written back since then... I doubt it. My (quite confident) guess is that Mr. Kenney Sr. has grounded the hell out of Mr. Kenney Jr. for being a numbnut on NSX Prime.

Assuming that is the case, one last bit of advice (because I like your gumption in starting this in the first place):

Whether it's for an NSX or a job promotion -- there's always someone above you that can EITHER help you OR hurt you. In the case of this NSX, your pops has zero obligation to even let you hold the keys. So, if you want one, or to even drive it, you need to make him *want to* help you out. In college, or when you're starting your first job, it's the people that you impress and that like you (from above) that will pull you up the ranks and help you get what you want.

So -- pissing off your dad is exactly the opposite of how you should go about getting your NSX. He doesn't owe you a Schwinn bicycle, much less a nice car. You'll only get one because he has the resources and *desire* to give one to you.

PS -- if you **really** want to piss him off (in a great way), tell him, just when he offers to help you out in getting your own: "I don't want your money or NSX, I'll make it on my own"

Well, I "googled "Bob Kenney and Chicago" as well. There was nothing.

I still think it was a good spoff on Prime.:biggrin:

There really is a Bob Kenney and I have been a member of the Chicago NSX crew since 2003. I do have a son and am now considering taking applications for a replacement, given he is looking for a replacement father.:wink:

I do have two NSX's and have even let Mike (my ex son:rolleyes:) drive one with my supervision. This may not sound like a great act of faith on my part but given Mike drives by sense of feel, that means bumping into things in front and behind him, OFTEN, it was an extreme act of faith! He recently broke his foot while skate boarding. This gives me some concern that he has the hand eye coordination and dexterity to handle a car, the likes of the NSX.

Just to clarify the situation, Mike is not a teenager, he is an adult, a college graduate, and has lived on his own for a number of years. He has a job most would envy; given he gets paid for taking pictures in exotic places while having great adventures. He leaves tomorrow with his broken foot to ride snow mobiles, go snow boarding, and do some rock and mountain climbing in the Yellowstone area. This also calls into question his ability to make rational decisions.:confused:

I am seriously considering NSX2Tall's offer of becoming my son given he has proven that he can drive an NSX and not by sense of feel.:eek: I would be glad to consider any and all advice on how to deal with this current situation. Raising children can be soooooo trying:rolleyes: and it's not over even looong after they have reached their 21st birthday.:biggrin:

:biggrin:

I was lucky enough to be standing next to Bob when the other NSX'rs revealed the existence of this thread.. Priceless. (This last Saturday at the "March 29 - Sixth NSXCA Midwest Region Annual Dinner")

It's pretty funny that even after over a month, he didn't let on that he had posted that. I'm sure he was just waiting for a good response but was confused when one never came.

Let's see if Mike makes his second post on Prime.:biggrin:

:biggrin:

I was lucky enough to be standing next to Bob when the other NSX'rs revealed the existence of this thread.. Priceless. (This last Saturday at the "March 29 - Sixth NSXCA Midwest Region Annual Dinner")

It's pretty funny that even after over a month, he didn't let on that he had posted that. I'm sure he was just waiting for a good response but was confused when one never came.

Let's see if Mike makes his second post on Prime.:biggrin:

Based on this recent turn of events, would it be inappropriate to ask for pics again?

leaving.gif

gotta say this thread gets my vote for (at least) top 5 prime threads of all time:

whiney, over-indulged child offset by obviously caring and thoughtful parent... something we get to see less and less in today's world.

bob's da man in my book.

There really is a Bob Kenney and I have been a member of the Chicago NSX crew since 2003. I do have a son and am now considering taking applications for a replacement, given he is looking for a replacement father.:wink:

Where can I send my CV? I think I may be a viable replacement for your son, plus I won't bother you to drive your NSX. :biggrin:

Did your grown-up son really post this then?? It's funny if it's a bitter teenager, but a grown man?

Glad I'm not in your shoes. :redface: This thread just plummeted to a "zero" on the funny-cool-o-meter.

If there are no age restrictions on the position, I'm interested... :biggrin:

There is not a member of the NSX organization that I have met, that I would have an problem being related to. Everyone has always treated me as member of a "Very Special Family". We may all be a little obsessed with our cars but it is an obsession that all of us understand. I would be as proud to call any member I have met, son or daughter, as I am to call Mike my son.

Mike has a very original sense of humor and I am sure posted (In Need of a new Dad) on Prime to brighten my day. He was probably very confused on why I have taken so long to respond. The simple fact is until someone told me about the post, I had completely missed it. If any of you are lucky enough to meet Mike, you will soon understand that his sense of humor is a little unusual. That's what makes him the one and only, Mike Calabro. :cool:

Mike is my stepson, I could not be any prouder or love him more if he were my actual son. He has been a bright spot in my life ever since I recovered from the shock of originally meeting him.:eek:

I have received some great offers from others who would like to join "Our Family", you are all hereby adopted!:eek::wink: "especially Ken".:smile:

Your DAD:biggrin:

There is not a member of the NSX organization that I have met, that I would have an problem being related to. Everyone has always treated me as member of a "Very Special Family". We may all be a little obsessed with our cars but it is an obsession that all of us understand. I would be as proud to call any member I have met, son or daughter, as I am to call Mike my son.

Mike has a very original sense of humor and I am sure posted (In Need of a new Dad) on Prime to brighten my day. He was probably very confused on why I have taken so long to respond. The simple fact is until someone told me about the post, I had completely missed it. If any of you are lucky enough to meet Mike, you will soon understand that his sense of humor is a little unusual. That's what makes him the one and only, Mike Calabro. :cool:

Mike is my stepson, I could not be any prouder or love him more if he were my actual son. He has been a bright spot in my life ever since I recovered from the shock of originally meeting him.:eek:

I have received some great offers from others who would like to join "Our Family", you are all hereby adopted!:eek::wink: "especially Ken".:smile:

Your DAD:biggrin:

That's great, now let me get 20 bucks and the keys to the car. :wink: :biggrin:

Well now that we're officially family. Dad, I need a supercharger for my NSX!! Can you pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaazzzzzzzzzze go out and get me one. :smile:

Raising children can be soooooo trying:rolleyes: and it's not over even looong after they have reached their 21st birthday.:biggrin:

:eek: - my boy is 5 and keeps trying to convince me that he can drive the "NSX" or the "Porscha" when he turns 6.:eek: You mean to tell me I have to worry about this crap past his 18th bday?:eek:

:eek: - my boy is 5 and keeps trying to convince me that he can drive the "NSX" or the "Porscha" when he turns 6.:eek: You mean to tell me I have to worry about this crap past his 18th bday?:eek:

The only thing that is a constant in life is change; except when it comes to your children and fast cars, that NEVER Changes!!:wink:

Well now that we're officially family. Dad, I need a supercharger for my NSX!! Can you pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaazzzzzzzzzze go out to the garage and get me one. :smile:

Fixed that for ya. :biggrin::wink:

Back