• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

In need of clutch for apx turbo

I just recently pulled the trigger and bought the Apx turbo and cant figure out which clutch i need to get.
my hp goal is 450, so i dont know what tq numbers ill be seeing their for I cant choose a clutch. Will the sos 350 be sufficient or is better to get the 400. Or is their a better one for my hp goals.

I'd just give scienceofspeed a call I'm sure they can make sure you get a clutch you will be happy with. My car made 446whp, with roughly 317ftlbs of torque at the wheels. I would imagine the 350 would be just enough but most usually give themselves some head room, just in case you turn the boost up. I've got the twin carbon, albeit overkill, I'm happy with it.

I have the SOS sport 6 puck. It holds power perfectly. I ran the 1/4 mile a few times and sidstepped the clutch at 5500rpm's and no issues. I believe I have about 6k miles on the clutch. My local Acura dealer installed it. 6 pucks have a bad rap for on/off engagement. This clutch was a bear to drive the first 50 miles. It broke in after a few months and now all good to go. No chatter as some of the carbon type clutches have. 450hp is quite a bit so you are in an area where the standars sport is probably not enough. Also you should delete the clutch dampler.

Which turbo did you go with? Boost level?

I have an original Rps 6 puck and love it. I'm just worried when I retune it won't hold my future power.

You don't think it's too On & Off?

Are there different versions? Mine has the red billet pressure plate.

You don't think it's too On & Off?

Are there different versions? Mine has the red billet pressure plate.

Yeah mine is a reddish/orange plate as well.

I truthfully forget what a stock clutch feels like but before I had an exedy carbon carbon and that was really on off. The Rps compared to that is like a dream. It's a stiffer petal than the SOS since Rps reworked it slightly but same concept.

I have rps stage 1 sitting on the shelf for 3 years, waiting for my stock clutch to wear out. I might sell it if u interested.

@sos wouldn't you recommend the 400 vs 350 incase i make more torque then 350 at the flywheel as hybridthry911 suggested, A little headway? i dont plan on going much more then 450rwhp, but sometimes push come to shove and might need to turn the boost up for a quick pass will the 350 hold?

I have a clutch masters fx400. The 6puck.It engages pretty hard, kinda has an on/ off feel but its not that bad. I have 3 track days and 15k miles on it and its still going strong. I wouldn't get a clutch that is rated for your HP I'd get one that is rated for more. Over kill is under rated. Plus you will most likely want more boost later. I'm making 560whp

^^^ I've had my FX300 for maybe 10k miles also. It just seems to get better the more I use it.

The FX300 is sort of like a hybrid 8 puck. The thing I like the most is that the pedal pressure is softer than stock. Engagement needs a higher rpm point and seems to be in between a 6puck and full faces that i've tried. I like it. It's more crisp than the stock and I can better modulate for sure. It's not as forgiving as the stock though so if its cold and you engage in low rpms it will chatter a bit.

Do you notice that it takes to heat very well? Mine actually feels better after a few laps or after a few canyon miles.

kit3.jpg

It's a pretty good clutch for the price.

Back