• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

In tank Fuel pump options "Need opinons"

Hey guys going turbo now trying to see if anyone has been able to get twin aeromotive 340s in the gas tank some how or 2 400s any suggestions .Im trying to avoid putting a huge external pump with surge tank if possible.

Power goals and what type of fuel? Bosch in tank is good, but a little loud(could pair this in tank with a walbro inline to support higher fuel needs). Twin walbro 255's fit in tank, but haven't tried the newer pumps yet.

Power goals and what type of fuel? Bosch in tank is good, but a little loud(could pair this in tank with a walbro inline to support higher fuel needs). Twin walbro 255's fit in tank, but haven't tried the newer pumps yet.

Power goal from 750-800 rwhp
Fuel E-85
Idea- 2 largest fuel pumps possible in tank to support that power level trying to avoid on costs having to custom make surge tank plus all the extra fittings & fuel lines involved.

Fuel E-85
Idea- 2 largest fuel pumps possible in tank to support that power level trying to avoid on costs having to custom make surge tank plus all the extra fittings & fuel lines involved.

Considering two Walbro 255's fit(stacked), it's reasonable to think either the 340's or the 400's could fit as well. I had/have similar power goals, if not more, on E85. What I have is a single Walbro 255 to each custom fuel rail(AN lines/fittings all around), they then join at a FPR and return to the tank. In time, will see what this layout supports on E85.

Last edited:
Fuel E-85

Personally I wouldn't run 2 walbro 255's at 800whp on e85 but some do. The DW 301 and Aero 340 might be a better choice says my fuel demand calculator i built lol...shameless plug:

http://webpages.charter.net/hybrdthry911/fuel/fuel_pump_web_app.htm

Regardless of what you do upgraded lines would be a must. Like elite said you could keep the lines separate one pump to one rail and share a return. I would love to run one of these though:

https://radiumauto.com/index.php?p=product&id=76&parent=0

Thanks guys for your input I guess trying to fit 2 large pumps in the tank is more problems than its worth .I'm just going to go with a large external Race-lab fuel pump with custom surge tank .This way in the future Ill have plenty of fuel delivery available if my expectations go beyond 800hp.My new build is already on the way got all the parts just pending my fuel system upgrade.Looking to be first Nsx in the 9's build thread coming soon

Back