• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

INDIGLO GUAGES.......NEW AND IMPROVED STYLE!!

I received my gauges 5 minutes ago!!!! I ordered them this past weekend. They got to Milwaukee faster than anything else I have prchased from California. (about 4 days) Thank you very much.

I would like to apologize if my previous comments fanned the flame of doubt regarding this situation.

I have to say that there were a lot of pieces of the puzzle that looked like they weren't fitting together, but the proof is in the pudding. And by the way, I will be 'pudding' my new gauges in tonight!!!!!

Thanks again and sorry for any misunderstanding.

GAVIN

Can you post pics and give us an idea or how tough the install was?

How is the F/F?

NSX_PDX..... There are tons of pics all on the first page of this post, if you need them sent to you send an e-mail to g2... =o)

!!!!!!! THANKS GUYS, FOR THE THANK YOU MAIL !!!!!!!!

I am very pleased to see that everyone is getting theres in record time, and they are happy. This is to the people that have sent me a little thank you note in the mail, THANKS GUYS... It really makes me feel good to get a thank you , and makes all the hard work feel woth it.

EVERYONE ENJOY

For those of you that have not ordered the indiglo needles yet...wait. I just got an e-mail from G2 stating that matching needles go into production next month!! :)

[This message has been edited by blew-by-u (edited 24 July 2002).]

Originally posted by blew-by-u:
For those of you that have not ordered the indiglo needles yet...wait. I just got an e-mail from G2 stating that matching needles go into production next month!! :)

[This message has been edited by blew-by-u (edited 24 July 2002).]

But how can the needles work on our car when our needles dont lite up ....the other cars that they make the kits for already have existing lite up needles and its a direct swap .....but out needles are lite up by the consoul lites .

If you leave the orange lights on, you can see the needles. I personally don't care too much for that look. When I get mine installed (got them a week ago) I will probably disconnect the orange lights. One of the two settings kinda lets you see the needles by somewhat lighting behind the needle (at least it looks that way from the pictures)

The install has actually started to take longer than I would have expected. Granted I haven't done much major disassembly of the car in the past, it seems like you need to take out a bunch of crap just to get the instruments out. At one point, I think you actually have to disconnect the plugs on the dimmer switch and headight pop-up switch as well as the TCS, just to get the dash trim piece out.

If there is an easier way, please someone let me know.

By the way, be weary of anyone who knows how to take the speedometer/odometer out REALLY WELL!!! Just joking. Its a shame that we need to worry about things like that.

.....CHANGING THE ORANGE TO BLUE IN THE CLOCK AND CLIMATE CONTROL TO MATCH THE GUAGES.....

I Got some TECH SUPPORT for changing out the orange lights to blue to match the guages, i did it in about 20 min. Be CAREFUL taking both parts apart its close in there with wires and motherboards, and put rubber gloves on you dont want to staticlly short out anything.... ***Just being safe*** Dont know if thats possible but why chance it. There are electrical boards and even have computer chip like parts in there too.

The hardest thing was finding a blue transparent film that would produce the crystle clear blue without blurr or glarring the letters and numbers, and your going to be shocked when i tell you what i found worked the best... and YES i have enough for about 5 cars if you want it..=o)
Ok i went threw about 10 matterials and films and they all stunk, and when i was in walmart looking for more... there it was and POOF an idea came about.

It comes from a kids pencil/ marker M&M bag. Its clear blue and is made out of thin rubber and only takes one layer to get a deep dark blue color that will match the style 2 blue color in the guages.
I WILL HAVE PICS NEXT WEEK...im in the middle of molding a double din radiofabercation of the dash..

Hope this helps you guys, i didnt like the orange and thats why i did it... =o)

Originally posted by gavin:
If you leave the orange lights on, you can see the needles. I personally don't care too much for that look. When I get mine installed (got them a week ago) I will probably disconnect the orange lights. One of the two settings kinda lets you see the needles by somewhat lighting behind the needle (at least it looks that way from the pictures)

The install has actually started to take longer than I would have expected. Granted I haven't done much major disassembly of the car in the past, it seems like you need to take out a bunch of crap just to get the instruments out. At one point, I think you actually have to disconnect the plugs on the dimmer switch and headight pop-up switch as well as the TCS, just to get the dash trim piece out.

If there is an easier way, please someone let me know.

By the way, be weary of anyone who knows how to take the speedometer/odometer out REALLY WELL!!! Just joking. Its a shame that we need to worry about things like that.

there is no easy way except to let someone else do it........ just take ur time and becareful not to scratch the leather or plastic cover while removing the instrument panel....by the way the detail in the smaller gauges do not show completly but u can trim some of the clear plastic with a razor blade to shift in into view better.

i feel completey robbed by this group buy. group buys are supposed to be cheaper, not twice the price. if a year and a half from now the price had dropped, i wouldnt feel so bad, but i barely had these things a month!

Originally posted by diablo2469:
i feel completey robbed by this group buy. group buys are supposed to be cheaper, not twice the price. if a year and a half from now the price had dropped, i wouldnt feel so bad, but i barely had these things a month!

I totally agree with you ....im usally patient when new things come out but for the first time i saw something that i wanted and bought it thinking it was a deal. . . . . its not even like they were being sold to the highest bidder ...u can buy em for 80 bucks now !

u can buy em for 80 bucks now

make that 74$ they had a dutch auction this week for ten units at 74$ on ebay.think ill buy a set
wink.gif
or maybe i will wait till next week when they go down to 35 -50$ like the indiglos for all the NON exotic cars.unreal
david
ps heres the link ends in two hours http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1850112137&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1029300233&indexURL=0&rd=1

[This message has been edited by BadCarma (edited 13 August 2002).]

[This message has been edited by BadCarma (edited 13 August 2002).]

Back