• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Infiniti GT-R coming soon

Recieved this email from Nissan today b/c I am on the list to buy the new GT-R when it comes out. Its coming soon as the Infiniti GT-R:biggrin:

GT-R Communiqué No. 1

GT-R’s U.S. Nameplate Announced

Since the unveiling of the GT-R PROTO at last October’s
Tokyo Motor Show, Nissan has continued development of the
legendary GT-R sports coupe. And while details about the
next generation GT-R have been few, one important piece of
information was made public today.

Mr. Carlos Ghosn, President and CEO of Nissan Motor Co.,
Ltd., kicked-off the New York International Auto Show with
the exciting revelation that the GT-R will be sold in the
U.S. as the Infiniti GT-R.

As part of his keynote address at the International Motor
Press Association Breakfast, Mr. Ghosn said that when he
unveiled the GT-R PROTO, Nissan had not yet decided whether
the GT-R would be sold as a Nissan or an Infiniti in the
United States.

Mr. Ghosn also expressed enthusiasm that the heart-pounding
GT-R will build on drivers’ passion for the Infiniti brand.

This communication is first in a series leading up to the
launch of the Infiniti GT-R. As part of an exclusive group,
you will be among the first to receive information and
special insights into the development of the Infiniti GT-R.

©2006 Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.

Psh! Gee, thanks Nissan! How did they fit so much info into that one little email? :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, I'm a Nissan guy and I love GT-Rs (ridden in 2), but the way they've been dragging out the release and teasing us with it has gotten pretty old.

It's been a long-term debate internally. They don't want to change the badge it has worn all these decades, but I think they risk more introducing a $80k (or whatever) vehicle as a Nissan. Pro's and cons, but I would have been very surprised if they kept (keep?) it a Nissan.

Lady Six said:
I thought they were gonna start using the Infiniti name in Japan? or was that Lexus...

I heard it was Acura that was being introduced in Japan.

I don't care what brand they market the GTR under- I just look forward to seeing them on the road.

I sincerly wish Nissan would have imported the R34- I still love that car.

It's all over the net that it's a NISSAN, not infiniti.

That's what my email said too...

Since the unveiling of the GT-R PROTO at last October's Tokyo Motor Show,
Nissan has continued development of the legendary GT-R sports coupe. And
while details about the next generation GT-R have been few, one
important piece of information was made public today.
Mr. Carlos Ghosn, President and CEO of Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.,
kicked-off the New York International Auto Show with the exciting revelation that the GT-R will be sold in the U.S. as the Nissan GT-R.

Are you trying to be funny?

Last edited:
yup, CEO announces it in New York, it's prob pretty concrete.

i'm jacked about it, hopefully that means they'll focus on performance and tuning, instead of nav screens and backup cameras.

it was already going to be a Nissan overseas, anyway. america was the only market still in question until yesterday.

the other really hot news yesterday was Acura's announcement that they'll be entering American Le Mans in 2007, with this hot little number:

acuraalms00002.jpg

schuss said:
yup, CEO announces it in New York, it's prob pretty concrete.

i'm jacked about it, hopefully that means they'll focus on performance and tuning, instead of nav screens and backup cameras.

it was already going to be a Nissan overseas, anyway. america was the only market still in question until yesterday.

WTF! that is the exact copy/paste email I recieved from Nissan. i wonder if mine was a typo or if there was a last minute change????

this is the rest of the email, I know it is from Nissan as I have not signed onto any other lists.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

©2006 Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.

Please do not reply to this e-mail address. You will not
receive a response.

If your e-mail address has changed, please click on the
following link to update it:
http://nissan.ni01.net/rspbg/r2.php...nainfo.com/email/EmailChangeOfAddressGtr.aspx

In the future, if you do not wish to receive e-mails from
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., just click on:
http://nissan.ni01.net/rspbg/r2.php....nnainfo.com/email/unsubscribeGtr.aspx?x=V242
and unsubscribe by submitting the e-mail address you want
to have removed from the list.

To view the Nissan Motor Company, Ltd., privacy policy,
Click on the following link:
http://nissan.ni01.net/rspbg/r2.php...an-global.com/EN/SITE_INFO/PRIVACY/index.html

Nissan Motor Company, Ltd. Global Marketing Department 17-
1, Ginza 6-chome, Chuo-ku Tokyo 104-8023, Japan
http://nissan.ni01.net/rspbg/r2.php...8136413/141146/T/Http://www.nissan-global.com

yeah, that's messed up!!! maybe a last -minute change, but that seems nuts?

are they purposely confusing things to keep the hype alive a little longer?

i'm still trying to find someone who has an eyewitness from the auto show.

this is the email i received:

gtrnissan.png

Maybe someone is just screwing around with everyone. Does anyone have the "official" press release? I checked the major auto mag websites and have found no mention of this announcement.

They both have their pluses 7 minuses. The whole world already knows it as NISSAN GT-R...its tradition and heritage. But with INFINIT, you get more potential customers and better service & warrant (similar to Toyota vs. Lexus).

It's gonna be a Nissan, boys. Press Release we received at NICO (largest Nissan\Infiniti club in the country)

Since the unveiling of the GT-R PROTO at last October's Tokyo Motor Show, Nissan has continued development of the legendary GT-R sports coupe. And while details about the next generation GT-R have been few, one important piece of information was made public today.

Mr. Carlos Ghosn, President and CEO of Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., kicked-off the New York International Auto Show with the exciting revelation that the GT-R will be sold in the U.S. as the Nissan GT-R.

As part of his keynote address at the International Motor Press Association Breakfast, Mr. Ghosn said that when he unveiled the GT-R PROTO, Nissan had not yet decided whether the GT-R would be sold as a Nissan or an Infiniti in the United States.

Mr. Ghosn also expressed enthusiasm that the heart-pounding GT-R will build on drivers' passion for the Nissan brand.

This communication is first in a series leading up to the launch of the Nissan GT-R. As part of an exclusive group, you will be among the first to receive information and special insights into the development of the Nissan GT-R.

Oh well potential buyers good luck getting decent service. Bad service is why I stopped buying Nissans as much as I loved them.

Well, this will definetly be a good guinea pig as to see whether a "Honda" NSX would have succeeded or not in the U.S. This is going to be one helluva an expensive Nissan.

Back