• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Info on 94 black/black auto

I have no info on the car but it is rare. 1 of 12 black autos w/black interior for '94. $50k is way too high though!

Yes, 50k is way too high, even though NSX prices are increasing. I bought a 95 Red/Tan auto trans T-Top with 55,000 miles on the clock in 2005 for $37,500. The car was in great condition and had some extras including tinted windows, navigation system and radar. I sold the car in 2012 for $25,000 with 106,000 miles on the clock. Given that NSXs are increasing in value, I would value the car at around $39,000, since it is 94 and does not have the t-top or the sports shift on the steering column.

Good luck,

Note I have owned both a 95 auto and I currently have a 97 manual. The manual is a lot more fun. The auto is nice, but just not the same. If you were to drive 30 miles to work each day in stop and go traffic, then maybe I would go with the automatic. But, if most of the time you are driving in normal traffic, then I would get a manual. Also, if your auto trans takes a dump, like mine did, its going to cost you between $3,000 and $5,000 to rebuild, and when mine was rebuilt, it never ran the same. Feel free to call me if you would like to get more info on owning an auto!

Mario
626-676-3000

Can you share more about your experiences with the auto? I'm curious to hear and I'm sure a lot of members would benefit from hearing it. I'm interested in auto but could change my mind if it's going to fail on me. I've had lots of Honda auto transmissions and they've all been perfect so I'd be surprised to hear if the NSX auto trans was somehow weaker.

Can you share more about your experiences with the auto? I'm curious to hear and I'm sure a lot of members would benefit from hearing it. I'm interested in auto but could change my mind if it's going to fail on me. I've had lots of Honda auto transmissions and they've all been perfect so I'd be surprised to hear if the NSX auto trans was somehow weaker.

Im on the road this weekend. I'll respond with my evaluation of the NSX auto when I get back home.

If you are shopping the nsx auto its because you really want the nsx experience without a clutch pedal..after all its only a 250 hp motor in auto trim...there are many more powerful auto sports cars on offer.

If you are shopping the nsx auto its because you really want the nsx experience without a clutch pedal..after all its only a 250 hp motor in auto trim...there are many more powerful auto sports cars on offer.

Thanks for your note. I have owned a manual NSX in the past, but sold it due to LA traffic so I have had the NSX experience and loved it. Power is not a big concern. My plan was to purchase an auto but since then, a few things have changed:

1.) NSX prices have gone up like crazy, which means it's now competing with 997 Porsches (speaking specifically about my affordability)
2.) I've been reading anything I can about auto NSXs and there do seem to be some transmission weaknesses

I'm wondering if it's still worth it is all. Thanks again for the response.

mcano had issues but his were probably hastened by his tracking the car at xpo...We have very few auto owners that post updates, to my knowledge there are very few who post complaints about the auto trans.

Back