• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Inherited '91 NSX Silver/Black NEED advise, please help

UPDATE w/vin# Inherited '91 NSX Silver/Black NEED advise, please help

Hello all.

My father passed away a couple months ago and I have to liquidate his estate including this car :-(
I wish I could keep it but I can't.

It has just under 94,000 miles a few minor derfs, driveway I suppose.
Runs great, been tracked. The a/c stopped working and he was in the midst of repairing it( he was a master mechanic, Shelby Cobra Team 64/65) so
the center console is apart.
Interior is clean
If you wise forum members could help me get a rough price on it and where the best place to sell(if it's not here)
that would be great.

Thank you.
Bk

Last edited:
sorry for your dad passing he prob loved this car more than anything so I would keep it if I were you. later on down the road your gonna kick yourself for not keeping it trust me
plenty of people on here will tell you the same thing.

but to answer your question you could easily get 26,000-37,000 dollars for it, it looks like its in good shape and the minor things are easy fixes. don't let anyone low ball you.
and trust me they will. lowest I would take if I were you if title in hand and no liens and clean title would be 30,000

don't go lower than that bro.

sorry for your dad passing he prob loved this car more than anything so I would keep it if I were you. later on down the road your gonna kick yourself for not keeping it trust me
plenty of people on here will tell you the same thing.

but to answer your question you could easily get 26,000-37,000 dollars for it, it looks like its in good shape and the minor things are easy fixes. don't let anyone low ball you.
and trust me they will. lowest I would take if I were you if title in hand and no liens and clean title would be 30,000

Thanks. I know. Unfortunately, he didn't plan on dying so sudden like, who does?
The will is very clear plus there's a big name charity involved and all assets have to be liquidated to satisfy the directive
of the will.
Thanks for the numbers, I was thinking 25,000 too low.

Very sorry for the passing of your Dad, in regard to the car, it's tough to throw a number without knowing more about the car, since the price can range greatly depending on a lot of things. Care to share with us more in regard to how long your dad own it, maintenance history etc.

I agree with Shawn, not a penny lower than 30,000. Even that seems a bit low. It looks like your dad didn't "alter" it much, and the more stock it is, the higher the value.
?Is the serial number low - (last 3 or 4 digits of the VIN#) - that adds value.

The snap ring failure is limited to transmission numbers J4A4-1003542 through J4A4-1005978 - might wanna check that.
Check the WIKI for some tips of things that need to be addressed for the MY 1991.

Last edited:
My father was the original owner. I'll have to look at his file when I get back to the car. I'm out of state.
He kept records but not over the top. I actually don't think he did much to it repair wise. Regular maintenance for sure.

Same for the vin number, don't have that info til I go back again or have my BIL look.

No mods. Any other info needed?

Back