• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Injector install

Installing new injectors and read the wiki. It mentioned specific torque values(9-16lbs). Those of you that have done this, are the values that important or can I just do hand tight? Are there two rings per injector that need to be replaced? One on the individual injector and one on the intake manifold?
Thanks

I notice over forty have read this message but no one has replied.

There are four rings per injector. I believe most owners replace all four, one in the intake manifold and three on the injector itself.
If you look at the shop manual in the wiki it shows all four items.
If you don't choose to follow the NSX shop manual directions on what to replace or what torque values to use I'm not sure what you expect to gain?

Nothing like leaking fuel collecting in the intake valley in a hot engine while driving on a crowded freeway to make your day interesting.

Last edited:
I think it varies on the brand of the injector. I had to use 3 large O ring seals each injector to seal properly. I used the SOS seal kit. (RC 550)

Last edited:
Yeah, you need to add the proper amount of O-rings. I finished a hard day in the canyons and smelled gas while filling up. Couldn't diagnose what it was until I got home. Looked, saw nothing and then finally turned the key to get the fuel pump going. Saw a steam of fuel spitting out of one my injectors into the valley. Very un-nerviing. Needless to say I have my O-rings on my injectors than my wife wares bracelets on her arm.

Back