• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Innovative Motor Mounts

Hello Prime,

I am looking into changing the motor mounts on my NSX. I have searched around and the options can be expensive.

SOS - $$ At least over $600
OEM - $$ At least over $800

I happen to find Innovative Motor Mounts for around $359 plus free shipping. :eek: Website is Swapshopracing.com.

http://www.swapshopracing.com/contents/en-us/p5061_Innovative_Mounts_NSX.html

Anyone using this product?

Thanks
Jeff

Last edited:
Hello Prime,

I am looking into changing the motor mounts on my NSX. I have searched around and the options can be expensive.

SOS - $$ At least over $600
OEM - $$ At least over $800

I happen to find Innovative Motor Mounts for around $359 plus free shipping. :eek: Website is Swapshopracing.com.

http://www.swapshopracing.com/contents/en-us/p5061_Innovative_Mounts_NSX.html

Anyone using this product?

Thanks
Jeff
Nice find, at the bottom of the add it mentions the different grade's of urethane insert's available for different needs.Thanks for sharing :smile:

Wish I bought a set of these...
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...you-will-ever-buy-quot?highlight=motor+mounts

The ones in the link above I've seen before but don't know anyone running them. They're welded and not one piece like some so that's why they're so cheap compared to others.

Hi Steve!
Do you know if the Innovative mounts are aluminum or steel? Acura/Honda used special bolts, etc whenever they had to mate steel with aluminum to prevent corrosion problems due to dissimilar metals. I wouldn't want the contacted body/frame/engine areas to start corroding away after a number of years.:eek: Hopefully Innovative uses or supplies appropriate paint, anti-corrosion compound, etc.

How's the turbo holding up? In that last drive with you, it felt like it had enough hp to twist the frame. Sick, man!

Wish I bought a set of these...
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...you-will-ever-buy-quot?highlight=motor+mounts

The ones in the link above I've seen before but don't know anyone running them. They're welded and not one piece like some so that's why they're so cheap compared to others.

The STMPO set look very nice and many good reviews. Price is also a factor $$ but I guess in some cases you get what you pay for.

Welding the structures together makes sense for the lower cost. NSX1145 sales other types for other Hondas but not sure how those hold up. Hopefully someone is using them on their NSX and they can share their experience.

Last edited:
Hi Steve!
Do you know if the Innovative mounts are aluminum or steel? Acura/Honda used special bolts, etc whenever they had to mate steel with aluminum to prevent corrosion problems due to dissimilar metals. I wouldn't want the contacted body/frame/engine areas to start corroding away after a number of years.:eek: Hopefully Innovative uses or supplies appropriate paint, anti-corrosion compound, etc.

How's the turbo holding up? In that last drive with you, it felt like it had enough hp to twist the frame. Sick, man!

Hey Frank. Good to hear from ya. The cars been doing great. It's under a lot of changes like always but things are been well.

Now what exactly metals are you talking about that don't match? I ask because I want to change some of my honda bolts to dress up bling bolts with stainless steel and aluminum colored washers.

Also I'm in contact with Ross about maybe making another batch. He's being like Ross, but maybe if we show enough interest he can do another run with a group buy format.

I know I'd be down for a set.

Hey Frank. Good to hear from ya. The cars been doing great. It's under a lot of changes like always but things are been well.

Now what exactly metals are you talking about that don't match? I ask because I want to change some of my honda bolts to dress up bling bolts with stainless steel and aluminum colored washers.

Also I'm in contact with Ross about maybe making another batch. He's being like Ross, but maybe if we show enough interest he can do another run with a group buy format.

If Ross from STMPO is willing to make another run at a GB, I would be interested. But like anything else it all depends on affordability. Also, when the GB would occur.

I deal directly with Innovative, so I could contact them to see about making a run of billet mounts for the nsx. I'm sure we could get them produced quickly and sooner than Ross (at least sounds like it from how you guys talk about him).

In our shop we typically sell the basic innovative steel mounts, but recently they started offering limite application of billet mounts.

If Ross from STMPO is willing to make another run at a GB, I would be interested. But like anything else it all depends on affordability. Also, when the GB would occur.

+1 I've been totally kicking myself for not buying them sooner. I was a month too late when I spoke with him, saying he was no longer gonna make these. If anyone could get him to remake them for group buy purposes, I'd be in.

Steve,
Steel and aluminum don't go well together from a corrsion perspective. That's why Honda uses coated steel bolts in numerous spots on the NSX. For your bling bolts, I'd at least use anti-sieze compound on their threads. That is very effective on (steel) spark plug threads used in aluminum heads. Stainless steel is a better mix with aluminum, but I'd still use anti-sieze compound for cheap added insurance.
Frank

I deal directly with Innovative, so I could contact them to see about making a run of billet mounts for the nsx. I'm sure we could get them produced quickly and sooner than Ross (at least sounds like it from how you guys talk about him).

In our shop we typically sell the basic innovative steel mounts, but recently they started offering limite application of billet mounts.

I think a good amount would be interested. It's not only the machined block of metal but also Ross tested the vibrations as well to keep it as close to stock as possible for a few reasons. If you could do that then I'm pretty sure you'd have some buyers. I think one of the main reasons he stopped producing them was because of the high cost of to produce them in general. He made a few nsx products that he made little to no money on just to make.

We got a set before, unfortunately none of the mounts fit correctly. Holes were off, and the parts were bent opposite of what they needed to be. In addition, keep in mind the factory bolts will not work, as the thickness of the sheet metal used is different than the factory thickness.

We got a set before, unfortunately none of the mounts fit correctly. Holes were off, and the parts were bent opposite of what they needed to be. In addition, keep in mind the factory bolts will not work, as the thickness of the sheet metal used is different than the factory thickness.

+1, my concerns as well when i saw them,

Corrosion , fitment and bolts.
FYI the OE mounts can be filled with poly it's a common procedure.

Plenty of DIY's out on the web, i'd recommend 60-65 poly for regular NSX's.

I have the rear mount and love it. I was just talking to them about buying the front mount too. It's not alluminum and a little heavier but my understanding is that steel will flex less, which is a good thing.The 'only' issue is that it does require different (I think longer) bolts than the OEM b/c the 'foot' is thinner than the OEM. I didn't know this but when I contacted them, they sent me custom blots within 48 hours or so. I did install the steel bolts a couple of months ago..... but only used blue loctite. I'll have to look at it again when I have it on a lift in the next few days.. Double check it. I did some research and apparently this is the good stuff to use: http://www.jamestowndistributors.co...o?pid=546&engine=adwords!6456&keyword=tef_gel

STMPO is an awesome mount.. and I would have gone for them if they still made it, but at this price, it's still a great mount.
The A/B series is a great compromise between track'sh and stock'sh.

Last edited:
Steve,
Steel and aluminum don't go well together from a corrsion perspective. That's why Honda uses coated steel bolts in numerous spots on the NSX. For your bling bolts, I'd at least use anti-sieze compound on their threads. That is very effective on (steel) spark plug threads used in aluminum heads. Stainless steel is a better mix with aluminum, but I'd still use anti-sieze compound for cheap added insurance.
Frank

Stainless & Alluminium is the worst combination for corrosion. Zinc plated steel is a better compromise.

I'd be interested in billet mounts at STMPO quality/price.............another spewing he didn't get any when I had the chance.......only excuse I have is I was still in honeymoon phase (owned my baby for 2 months) when these were last available..........

Any updates on these? Wondering if the fit issues have been resolved.. Noticed both front and rear isolators have cracks in them .. Price point this looks like a decent alternative.. Had them in my h22 civic swap yrs ago with no issues..

Any updates on these? Wondering if the fit issues have been resolved.. Noticed both front and rear isolators have cracks in them .. Price point this looks like a decent alternative.. Had them in my h22 civic swap yrs ago with no issues..

FYI - I bought the lower transmission innovative mount. It feel solid. There is only one problem... the 'foot' doesn't quite go flush, and you need shorter bolts as SOS mentioned. In other words, it's not plug and play.

Last edited:
i was hoping the fit issue had been resolved by now.. looks like Sos is the only one that makes aftermarket mounts, are there any other options? i recall someone providing urathane replacements not sure if they're still active on prime

i was hoping the fit issue had been resolved by now.. looks like Sos is the only one that makes aftermarket mounts, are there any other options? i recall someone providing urathane replacements not sure if they're still active on prime

Tidave sells replacements or urethane replacements

Back