• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

instalation question on rear valence upgrade

My 2002 rear valence is ,at the dealership,painted and ready to be installed on wed. Does anyone know if any drilling is involved?Or is it a direct replacement using same fittings as 2001 rear valence?

You will end up with some extra screws. Also I hope you got the longer rear stay.

On a somewhat side note, I compared the longer stay with my friend's 04 and on his car he doesn't get the slight bowing I get when the screw is in place. I noticed the same problem on another pre 02 with the longer stay. Any idea why this is?

I picked up my car today and the upgrade is well worth it. The only thing that
bothers me a little is that from some angles the paint is right on and from others it is a little darker.I have a 2001 spa yellow which is metalic.Is this a usual problem where sometimes from different views the color might look slightly off? By the way the paint shop had my roof the whole time for paint comparison. I am happy the way the mod looks yet alittle dissappointed.Should I be?

There is definitely a requirement for the later stay part # - the new valance is ~ 1/2" lower than the original. If you use the original it will pull up the centre making it look high & distorted in the centre.
There are no extra screws required otherwise.

D'Ecosse said:
There is definitely a requirement for the later stay part # - the new valance is ~ 1/2" lower than the original. If you use the original it will pull up the centre making it look high & distorted in the centre.
There are no extra screws required otherwise.

Yeah I have the longer stay and so does my friend. But both of our cars still bow the center up a little bit. When I compared this to 02+ cars, they don't bow at all. It's a minor flaw but just wondering why.

Malibu Rapper said:
Yeah I have the longer stay and so does my friend. But both of our cars still bow the center up a little bit. When I compared this to 02+ cars, they don't bow at all. It's a minor flaw but just wondering why.
That seems odd - the part # is obviously the same so don't know why it should look different. I'm pretty sure mine looks "perfect" but not in position to post pic till back in town to home pc

I noticed the same thing about my rear stay on my 02+ rear valence conversion. I ordered the parts from Niello so I am sure I received the right stay. There is a slight pull upwards. It's nothing drastic but me and my anal self notices it. :redface:

Back