• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Installing CD Changer???

I bought a CD mounting bracket and CD Changer to add to my 98 that never seemed to have one. I pulled the carpet back to start installing and I don't see any factory wire to plug into??? Help? Shouldn't the car already have the factory wire to plug into on the passenger side of the trunk?

Rexer said:
I bought a CD mounting bracket and CD Changer to add to my 98 that never seemed to have one. I pulled the carpet back to start installing and I don't see any factory wire to plug into??? Help? Shouldn't the car already have the factory wire to plug into on the passenger side of the trunk?

You should have received the wire with the CD Changer. The wire starts behind the driver side of the car (that's where the factory plug is), and comes around (where the taillights are) to the CD side, then plugs into the CD changer.

Sam

Behind your trunk upholstery on the driver side, you will see 2 plugs. One of them is for the changer and one is for the cell phone. I believe on the picture below, the red arrow is pointing to the changer plug. If that's not it, then it's the other plug.

As SamBel mentions, you will need a cable from the changer to the plug in the picture below.

Attachments

• cdchanger.jpg
    cdchanger.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 120
I don't know how we missed this post originally!

These guys are spot on - the "extender" cable (that runs form left to right side of trunk) comes with the OEM kit when you order the factory changer upgrade. You can add an extender if you intend to mount in the original location.
When I bought my car it actually had the changer mounted on the left side with just the changer-supplied cable plugged directly into the short stub per Malibu's picture.

Does anyone know if the 91 had the pre installed changer wire already in the trunk or was that only in later models?

Rexer,
How much did you pay for the changer and bracket?

Voomva said:
Does anyone know if the 91 had the pre installed changer wire already in the trunk or was that only in later models?
They all have the wire to the trunk - none have the additional extension that runs within the trunk from left to right side unless it has had a changer kit installed at some point in its history.

Back