• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Installing Tein S-Tech in Bay Area

Hi,

I just bought the Tein S-Tech. Now I'm looking for somebody in the bay area to put them on. I don't want to spend too much, but I still want quality work.
I heard that Don at Hilltop is great, so I called and his wife quoted me $349......that was a bit high for me. Today is Valentine so I didn't want to upset her and ask Don myself (I heard asking Don was cheaper).

Mach III will install it for $100, but I'm not sure how many X's they have worked on.

Any other shops in the bay area (I'm in San Francisco) recommended?

kjhNSXdreamer said:
Hi,

I just bought the Tein S-Tech. Now I'm looking for somebody in the bay area to put them on. I don't want to spend too much, but I still want quality work.
I heard that Don at Hilltop is great, so I called and his wife quoted me $349......that was a bit high for me. Today is Valentine so I didn't want to upset her and ask Don myself (I heard asking Don was cheaper).

Mach III will install it for $100, but I'm not sure how many X's they have worked on.

Any other shops in the bay area (I'm in San Francisco) recommended?

It takes approximately 3-4 hours for a mechanic to change out your springs. The $349 estimated cost does not appear too high considering you are in the SF area. I would be skeptical of anyone quoting $100 to do the job. I doubt they have done the job before on an NSX or they are working out of the back of a truck. If they have, they must like working for $25 an hour excluding overhead costs.

If $349 includes an alignment, I'd say its a good deal. Over a year ago, I had Auto Innovations in Milpitas do my Zanardi suspension install (not including sway bars...I installed those myself) plus alignment for about $400. The install and alignment was flawless. Others on this site have had a good experience with them, too. Of course Milpitas is a bit farther away than Daly City.

Don't ever, ever, evereverevereverever discuss pricing with Don's wife. She knows little about cars and ALWAYS over quotes. Talk to the man directly. I am sure all Bay Area NSXers know what I mean. :wink:
Steve

Back