• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Insurance Help & Suggestions ...

I see that there has been posts on this topic in the NSX Owners Discussion section of this board, but they all are relevant to the US owners.

Can you give me please an idea of what to expect to pay for insurance on a 02 NSX here in Canada, that won't be driven in the winter.

Can you recommend one insurance company over another?

Thanks for your input.

Ian

I think age and driving history will make some big variances. That being said I use Meloche Monex as they offer good discounting for post secondary education. I haven't found anyone less expensive as yet. I also bundled my house insurance in for an additional 10% off. I have to turn the insurance down during the off months and crank it back up in the Spring and I pay $800 per year for an 01.

I cant believe how cheap Calgary car insurance is.

When I changed my postal code from Ottawa to Toronto, my car insurance went up 50%.

I have a spotless record. No claims. No tickets in 15 years. I pay ~$2400 for a full year, but I pull ins off in the winter. That is with a 10% discount for having my home insurance and our other vehicle with CoOp too.

I was with Coop for a while and changed to ING with my work for a bit as their rates were better...then they pulled the 50% increase thing blaming 9/11 and Huricane Katrina.....then someone pointed me at Meloche and they were much better with rate then the other two ever were.

Mine is registered in my company name, so they cover it like a company car, $3000 per year, I should get around to changing that - shouldn't I?

I think age and driving history will make some big variances. That being said I use Meloche Monex as they offer good discounting for post secondary education. I haven't found anyone less expensive as yet. I also bundled my house insurance in for an additional 10% off. I have to turn the insurance down during the off months and crank it back up in the Spring and I pay $800 per year for an 01.

Agreed. I use MM with a UWO alumni discount and multi car discount, and my NSX as a second car is about $1100 a year. That's the advantage of having a car that's 10 years older than yours I guess.

Location, location ,location!
Was paying $ 2600 for a 91 in Toronto and that shriveled up to $ 1150 for the full year out of city. I only insure it for 7 months on road and 5 in garage for a total of approx $ 800.00. Current location is 10 minutes north of Barrie where I write this from my deck, beer in hand and just got off the water from a days kitesurfing.
Poor but happy:biggrin:

Mine is about $1,300 for a full year and down around $600 when I take collision off in the winter.

Married, over 30 and a spotless record. under 10k a year as a second car.

Back