• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Integra Type R Modification Advice

Would you do a JDM front-end conversion on a clean titled R? Thinking about picking one up for a daily driver, but am having a hard time deciding if an irreversible modification such as the JDM front-end would be a good idea or not.

I know this is a weird question, but I would like to hear your thoughts on this topic.

I actually prefer the USDM-R front end over the JDM by a mile.
I feel like it's just one of those JDM hypes.

It looks like a damn Prelude, where the USDM ITR is distinctive.

Would you do a JDM front-end conversion on a clean titled R? Thinking about picking one up for a daily driver, but am having a hard time deciding if an irreversible modification such as the JDM front-end would be a good idea or not.

I know this is a weird question, but I would like to hear your thoughts on this topic.
From what I gather, you like to modify. The Jdm looks more Japanese to me. If I had one I would go Jdm. As for resale value or risk I am unsure. But I prefer the clean headlight assemblies versus 4 doughnut holes in the front bumper.

no. as much as I love the jdm front end, it kills the resale value. it's not like the frog eyes on a coupe, that could be considered an upgrade as all usdm were targa froggies. although these conversions are fetching less than they would've just a couple years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate it. I think I'll take your advice on not doing it if I get one. The GSR idea is not a bad one if I really want a JDM front end.

Thanks again!

Its your car. But dont do it. Finding a nice ITR is getting really hard. If I could justify buying one, I would just sit on it for a while and enjoy all the design that went into the car. Its the only real R to make it to our shores.
If you really want a jap nose. Just import a j spec itr. You can legally bring in a 96 ITR now. Its been 20 years.

Back in the day, I would have done the jdm conversion. I actually had all the parts to do it at one point but never got around to it.

Nowadays though, I would keep the usdm front if it came with one. Unless you can find one that already has the conversion done, keep it stock. They have been going up in value.

Also, I don't recommend it for a daily driver. They still get stolen.

- - - Updated - - -

Back in the day, I would have done the jdm conversion. I actually had all the parts to do it at one point but never got around to it.

Nowadays though, I would keep the usdm front if it came with one. Unless you can find one that already has the conversion done, keep it stock. They have been going up in value.

Also, I don't recommend it for a daily driver. They still get stolen.

Its your car. But dont do it. Finding a nice ITR is getting really hard. If I could justify buying one, I would just sit on it for a while and enjoy all the design that went into the car. Its the only real R to make it to our shores.
If you really want a jap nose. Just import a j spec itr. You can legally bring in a 96 ITR now. Its been 20 years.

The rule is 25 years.

an irreversible modification such as the JDM front-end would be a good idea or not.

The conversion AFAIK is reversible. We have a friend that owns a 98 who did this and reverted back to USDM.

I still wouldn't do it.

Are the Type R's really appreciating value wise that much?

Yes, they are appreciating ever so slowly. I have an all original 97 with 84K miles and have been paying attention to recent sales.

The conversion AFAIK is reversible. We have a friend that owns a 98 who did this and reverted back to USDM.

I still wouldn't do it.

Yes, they are appreciating ever so slowly. I have an all original 97 with 84K miles and have been paying attention to recent sales.

How is it reversible? I thought the whole core support had to be welded in place? This is interesting to know. I appreciate you bringing this up! Not saying that I would do it now, but I'm really curious how it came out.

How is it reversible? I thought the whole core support had to be welded in place? This is interesting to know. I appreciate you bringing this up! Not saying that I would do it now, but I'm really curious how it came out.

I suppose it could be reversible if you reweld the old support back in.

I suppose it could be reversible if you reweld the old support back in.

True,

I guess I was really wondering more how it turned out. If the welds were "in your face" obvious or not. I would think that there is only so much you can clean them up before integrity becomes an issue. Hope that makes sense.

Funny, I have always wondered, perhaps figured, it could be done, but just never heard of anyone doing that and am really curious how it looks with the cutting, welding, recutting, and welding it again.

Back