• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interest in cars & coffee meet???

Alright Gents, and any applicable ladies who may read this thread. :tongue:

I've been noticing a few people talking about meeting up for something simple like a "Cars & Coffee" type meet. So I figured I'd test the waters and see who would be interested in coming out for one.

The date I'm proposing at this time is Jan 13th, Sunday. Roughly around 9:00am - til??? at either the Rockhill Starbucks, or the Frontenac Starbucks. Both have ample seating/parking, and both are located near I-40/64 just east of downtown St. Louis.

I am open to location suggestions. This will be a "mixed" crowd event and anyone is welcome, including friends and or significant other (or insignificant if that better applies, lol).:tongue:

If this date works, let me know!!!

Last edited:
Weather dot com says Rain & Snow Showers. I'll try and make it if the roads are clear and weather is decent. You got a gallon of Meth I can buy? I'm running on fumes..

been meaning to pay Dave a visit, but been too busy

Very true, if the weather sucks.... I for sure will NOT be going.

As for the meth, I would probably call Dave. I'm still riding on the first batch.:tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

Those attending so far.....

EAC - NSX
Flyeyes - NSX
tstruyk - NSX
Pgilliam - NSX
Jeff - Porsche Boxter
Sid - Cayman
Jeff - Nissan GTR
Bill - Noble
Edi - MK8
Mike - NSX

Last edited:
Sounds good Pat. And so far the general consensus that I've been hearing from people as they would like to meet at the Frontenac Starbucks. So I will be sure to go ahead and send out another email on Wednesday letting everybody know what the location will be.

Should have made it the 12th, supposed to be 60's and back on the 30's on the 13th! Brr..

Wish I could join you guys, but Sunday mornings are occupied 8-10. Perhaps next time and it may be warmer. Fritter offer still there, however have found a new place for sweet rolls. Pastry chef for one of the big hotels has opened a shop in Florissant on N. Lindberg, Cornerstone bakery, unbelieveable stuff. He likes it, but it is really worth it. Layers of filo dough with bits of nuts, fruit filling, frosting, unreal.

Did get the lady out today though, about 50 miles, out to Mid Rivers Mall and back, some good places to get on it and get into traffic. Got a few looks as I pulled through the Honda dealer off the North service rd, as once I got in to turn around, couldn't so I had to drive through. Couple of people asking about the car as I was parked to see a friend. I guess I get the biggest kick out of the kids with their cell phones, leaning out of their parent's SUV's, taking pics. Can't remember being that enthused as a kid. I am now however Ha Ha! Like a kid with a new toy, I hope I never grow up.
don

I'm developing some short warm up drives for the winter just to get the flat spots off the tires, the water out of the exhaust system and keep all the fluids flowing. Otherwise on the "chaaga" for the duration.
Regards,
Don

I'd be up for the next opportunity, love to meet you guys. I did meet Pat G at Gateway last year. Mine is in the body shop right now (rear bumper refinish and painting the new WW spoiler) but I'd be good after that. After my 911 went away, my local Porsche buddies quit calling me for our very early Sunday runs up the River Road. Probably because they couldn't keep up :> A few Sundays ago I did run up to my favorite local spot, Graham Hollow Road, near Pere Marquette.

Last edited:
Noted we have a new member from the other message thread. (have to send a greeting there) Hope that you all got out this past weekend. I got the flat spots off the tires, and for some reason the car is sounding quieter and better, the longer I own it. Either my hearing is deteriorating, or getting some road miles on a regular basis, is a good thing. The heater fan no longer makes noise, there is less clunking in the suspension system etc.
Had her out 3 days this weekend, Sat for about 3 hours, just out to Fast Lane Cars, Graf's reloading etc. Sunday for the double Trader Joe's run, Manchester and Olive, for just the essentials, wine, limes, cookies etc. and to see if they had gotten the new RLX in at Mungenast. Can't believe that the ILX's are where the TL's were just a bit ago. Today for a half hour just to make sure that she was warm before I put her up for the cold snap.
Best to all,
Don

Back