• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interest in Comptech Headers?

I was hoping to have pricing set by this evening, but we were unable to get it finalized today. I do have assurance that we will have some set pricing by Monday evening, so I will have to push this out a little longer.

I am very sorry, but I am trying to get everything "ok'd" before I post something and am unable to deliver.

Again, I am sorry for the delay in this.

Dean Baty
[email protected]
407-772-0070

Check out the SOS site for comparison - the difference is in the method of achieving ability to have headers, which are rigidly attached to the motor, flex in relationship to the exhaust: the Comptech has a ball joint design vs. bellows style flex coupling on the DC. Although the ball joint is theoretically a better design, I have not actually heard of any reports of anyone fracturing their DC.
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/headers.asp

I'd also like to invite Chris to take up this option of a group buy. Nothing like a healthy competition!

Originally posted by SpeedDistributors:
I was hoping to have pricing set by this evening, but we were unable to get it finalized today. I do have assurance that we will have some set pricing by Monday evening, so I will have to push this out a little longer.

I am very sorry, but I am trying to get everything "ok'd" before I post something and am unable to deliver.

Again, I am sorry for the delay in this.

Dean Baty
[email protected]
407-772-0070

No need to be sorry or apologetic when you are putting a potentially great package. And given the prior pricing data that you have, your strength as a retailer for ComptechUSA products, I am confident you should be able to convince Bob to play ball at $1200 ......

One additional consideration or food for thought, if for some reason the numbers are really not working to get to the $1200 (even with tiered minimum volume benchmarks ...... and as you see more people are coming at this target price), perhaps the $1200 can be tossed in with the purchase of a header and exhaust together as a package deal ..........

Cheers.

There is nothing like bragging rights for Comptech to note that most of the aftermarket exhausts on the NSXs are made by ComptechUSA ..........

Originally posted by Hrant:

One additional consideration or food for thought, if for some reason the numbers are really not working to get to the $1200 (even with tiered minimum volume benchmarks ...... ..........

We ship the DC Sports SS Headers (only for the 1991-1996 3.0L) for an everyday out the door price of $1,100.00 (yes LUD that is for a set of 2 of them) - I don't get what the big deal is about $1200.00 for a set of headers?

I don't believe that there are 14 sets in the USA though - and I only have 5 sets in stock. For a "group buy" I'd include the gaskets in the deal and price the headers at $1075.00.

I´ll be back in the USA Thursday.

------------------
need more info? please private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

Mark,
as you can read from the title: Comptech headers.
Please post your DC headers group buy in another thread.

Comptech headers are a lot more durable as Chris and others said.

Originally posted by gerald:
Mark,
as you can read from the title: Comptech headers. Please post your DC headers group buy in another thread.

I can read. Most of the conversation above was about price. There is no functional difference in measurable HP output between the two companies systems, and both systems are legal for sale in California.

Comptech headers are a lot more durable as Chris and others said.

What Chris actually says (and has for months) is this:

"DC Sports was one of the original header manufactures for the NSX. Through years of experience, the 3 to 1 collector designed DC Sports headers have been engineered for optimal exhaust flow. DC Sports headers are manufactured from T-304 stainless steel with perfectly smooth mandrel bends for best exhaust flow dynamics. Weld beads and seams are very high quality. Header runners are hand polished to a beautiful shine. Through incredible ScienceofSpeed pricing, the DC Sports header system is the least expensive header system available in the United States for the NSX.
Despite their very affordable price, the DC Sports header system feature the finest build quality and engineering.

DC Sports headers are the only system for the NSX exported to Japan for resale from the United States, meeting high quality Japanese standards. The DC Sports header system is also the header system that is run on the ScienceofSpeed NSX. Header Systems available for the NSX
Comptech: $1749.95
RM Racing: $1499.00
ScienceofSpeed: $1299.00
Header system features CNC machined flanges, T-304 stainless steel construction, CARB exempt status, and a 2-year warranty."

The only thing I don't agree with is this:

"Through incredible ScienceofSpeed pricing, the DC Sports header system is the least expensive header system available in the United States for the NSX."

since his posted price is $200.00 more than my posted price. You can certainly buy whatever brand you like, it makes no differenec to me.
biggrin.gif

------------------
need more info? please private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

This group buy section is proving to be worthless. Unless a retailer steps to the plate to offer some real savings we are all wasting our time here.

[This message has been edited by nsxxtreme (edited 06 October 2002).]

I bought the DC's through DALI and couldn't be happier.. I love the headers.

The whole process (from shopping to installation) was a pleasant one.

thanks MJ!

Hi guys,

After a couple weeks of trying to put something together for you all, I have been unsuccessful in getting approval to post the headers for a price lower than 10% off shipped. I know all of you have wanted to see if the price would go any lower but it has not happened.

I do look forward to earning your business in the future, but also hope you all understand that we are unable to "give" away Comptech, either.

Thank you all for your time,
Dean Baty
[email protected]

------------------
East Coast Comptech Freak!

Originally posted by ALIENT:
I bought the DC's through DALI and couldn't be happier.. I love the headers.

The whole process (from shopping to installation) was a pleasant one.

thanks MJ!

I agree. It looks like DC's with Mark are the way to go. Anybody interested in a group buy with Mark?

Don't give up all hope. I'm trying to see what type of price I can get through another source. They have been working on it as well and I will post as soon as I have firm pricing. They may also be able to do group buy pricing on Eibach springs and KONI shocks. No promises but who knows?

Tim

The current price on the Comptech headers is actually $1795.

I will offer them to members of this site for $1620 shipped and will discount the install to local customers from $300 to $200. $1200 won't happen and Comptech doesn't offer quantity discounts to it's dealers. Email [email protected] or call 925-371-7222 10am-7pm PST
We are authorized Comptech Dealers located in Livermore, CA. http://www.diabloautosports.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=nsx&x=4&y=12 (SF Bay Area)

[This message has been edited by TypeRdude (edited 09 October 2002).]

TypeRdude,
maybe you haven't read the above discussion.
The lowest price is $1500 shipped.

Per the original topic, I am interested in a set of Comptech headers if we get down in the $1300 range. Please add my name to the count in negotiating your pricing.

I think the Comptech deal will be tuff. Comptech has strict rules on posting prices for their product. They (Distributors) are allowed to sell to you at lower prices. They just can't advertise the lower prices. Good Luck!

Any thing happing with the header deal? I'm calling Comptech tomorrow to see what I can work. I live about 2 hours from Comptech and if they can cut me a deal, I'm driving up Saturday if they are open.

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
Do you know of another Green-Black roof NSX?? Please email me if you do.

F.Y.I.- Comptech gives small time dealers 20% off list prices, so $1795 Less 20% = $1436.... So that's $184 profit per header set from Diablo in Livermore.

------------------
98 NSX Black #189
92 NSX White #745 sold
91 NSX Black #644 sold

[This message has been edited by Adrenaline-Auto (edited 04 November 2002).]

Back