• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interesting low RPM issue.

I noticed that between 1500 and 2000 rpms there is a slight hesitation... anything below or above that range and the car feels normal. When driving under normal conditions there is a slight lag in that 1500 to 2000 range... any idea why? Today i went and started my car to let it idle and i noticed if I try and hold the RPMs at 2000 the tach needle moves around a bit despite holding my foot completely still, i know this isn't a great way of showing the issue but i noticed it while I was sitting in the car. Sometimes it would drop as much as 500 rpm while my foot is completely still.... and sometimes I had to give it more gas to get it to hold at 2000. Any idea why or what is causing this?

Also I recently (july/august 12) changed the fuel filter, spark plugs, cleaned the air filter, and added chevron fuel injector cleaner. Do i need to clean my injectors? or replace them?

I took a quick video while I was sitting inside the car today. If you cant see the video please let me know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fm8Sy7nNBc

Last edited:
Back