• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interesting post... Purchased NSX and now regrets it?

No, the miata is too much of a sports car. He needs a Sebring convertible so that he has a back seat to do what he needs to do. To hell with the driving experience for him.:tongue:

Otto

I actually had one (a miata), right before the S2000. With that change, i really did not have any regrets.

Give the guy some credit for something. He saw this thread, decided to jump in and participate and has not lashed out at anyone for the remarks made about him. How many of you would do the same? We were all young once, remember?

Give the guy some credit for something. He saw this thread, decided to jump in and participate and has not lashed out at anyone for the remarks made about him. How many of you would do the same? We were all young once, remember?

Not bad for your first post. What took you so long? :wink:

Thanks!

I am currently seeling my S2000 and getting an NSX. I have a good friend and housemate who also owns an NSX that I have driven extensively over the past two weeks.

The reason everyone is being so negative towards you is because you don't actually mention anything at all about actual 'car guy' stuff - you know the things that real car guys look for when they own or are looking to purchase cars like the S2000 and NSX. You didn't compare anything about the two cars like driving dynamics, steering feel and turn in, throttle response, shifting smoothness, engine smoothness, power delivery, solidity, handling biases, braking, etc. No, instead you mentioned that you missed the drop top of the S. In addition to that you connected the convertible aspect of the S to sealing the deal with some chick, and implied that your only regret would be if the NSX doesn't help you pull in chicks like you seem to think the S2000 does.

The negative posters jumped on you because they feel very strongly, like most of us on this forum, myself included, that what you drive is not very relevant to your chick magnet score at all, and definitely shouldn't be something you consider when looking to buy a car.

The S and the NSX were made for the people in the driver's seat, not the person in the passenger's seat or onlookers on the street!

I am currently seeling my S2000 and getting an NSX. I have a good friend and housemate who also owns an NSX that I have driven extensively over the past two weeks.

The reason everyone is being so negative towards you is because you don't actually mention anything at all about actual 'car guy' stuff - you know the things that real car guys look for when they own or are looking to purchase cars like the S2000 and NSX. You didn't compare anything about the two cars like driving dynamics, steering feel and turn in, throttle response, shifting smoothness, engine smoothness, power delivery, solidity, handling biases, braking, etc. No, instead you mentioned that you missed the drop top of the S. In addition to that you connected the convertible aspect of the S to sealing the deal with some chick, and implied that your only regret would be if the NSX doesn't help you pull in chicks like you seem to think the S2000 does.

The negative posters jumped on you because they feel very strongly, like most of us on this forum, myself included, that what you drive is not very relevant to your chick magnet score at all, and definitely shouldn't be something you consider when looking to buy a car.

The S and the NSX were made for the people in the driver's seat, not the person in the passenger's seat or onlookers on the street!

I see where your coming from. you mentioned "car guy" stuff was not discussed. instead i mentioned that i missed the drop top. Well the title of the original post did mentioned regrets no conv't... Not handling power delivery etc. So the content fit the thread's title right.

I understand the strong feelings, i didn't post it here originally but in S2Ki.

anyways, the "chick magnet score" is something i did consider when i switched.

Thanks

I guess we need to welcome the next generation of NSX owners.

I own several cars, and belong to their respective car communities.

One of the things I love about Nsxprime, is the maturity level, financial success level, and otherwise, just a better bulletin board overall.

I hope Nsxprime never becomes a immature, dollar modification trick loving, teenager based board anytime soon.

One of the things I love about Nsxprime, is the maturity level, financial success level, and otherwise, just a better bulletin board overall.

I hope Nsxprime never becomes a immature, dollar modification trick loving, teenager based board anytime soon.

Exactly my sentiment.

. it makes it easier to get there top down... you know what i mean. Can the NSX live up to this?

Welcome to the forum!

I believe people were attacking your maturity becasue of this statement, not what you said about the car, missing the convertible etc. Then again a woman who is attracted to a man solely because of his car is lacking in maturity too...

since we're on the topic of having "game" and a cars, do you really think the S2000 will get more ladies than the NSX because of the convertable factor? Most girls i know hates convertables. ( than again i live in NYC where its cold for 5 months of the year ).

since we're on the topic of having "game" and a cars, do you really think the S2000 will get more ladies than the NSX because of the convertable factor? Most girls i know hates convertables. ( than again i live in NYC where its cold for 5 months of the year ).

Actually all of my girlfriends prefer a convertible! I am sure they would be OK with a targa too though.

If you need a car to get ladies you have bigger problems than worrying about what car you drive:wink:

There is a strong possibility that this dude is a total moron.

You're too nice; he is a moron.

It's like going from 360 Spider into an Enzo and telling the world Enzo sucks because it's not a convertible.

I couldn't have said it better.. A-MEN to that!

He needs a car to get the "make it easier to get girls tops down... you know what i mean"???? I seriously hope he passes on the NSX.... EDIT: I seriously hope he changes his attitude. :)

Let him know more guys will look at you with a NSX than girls.... :)

Last edited:
Not bad for your first post. What took you so long? :wink:
Thanks, DocL. I signed up at nsxprime to do research when I was considering a wider range of cars to purchase. Although I really like the NSX, I decided on that 911 I had been dreaming of for 20 years so it's been awhile since I've visited this site. Eventually, I also wanted a droptop and I purchased an S2000 and spend some time at s2ki.com which is how I got here.

I do understand the reaction to the maturity level at s2ki but I think that this particular thread is more interesting from the perpective that on the one hand, nsxprimers are waxing about the "maturity" level here in the very same thread that some others are showing a lack of same with their treatment of the person who is the subject of this thread.

I am only referring to a few, the ones calling him a moron among other comments while he has conducted himself with civility. For that, he has my respect, for whatever that's worth in the cyber world we occupy today. The fact that he can afford either an S2000 or an NSX at this stage means to me that he probably shouldn't complain too much - I couldn't afford anything like that until I was in my 40's.

As for cars and girls, don't they go together? Don't we lust after both? A long time ago, I worked with a guy in FL who owned a Corvette convertible. He claiimed that car got him more women than he could shake a stick at, much more than before he bought it. A fun car and more women to boot. Sounds good to me.

Now I need to get back to my regularly scheduled wasting of time browsing the 911 forums while I fool my boss into thinking I actually get work done.:biggrin:

I use to have an S2000 and now I am looking to get another one or a 350z. I would LOVE to get an NSX but the problem is my current financial situation will not let me have an NSX. Also I'm afraid of parking when I am in class and jealous people.

If you are trying to get a girl I suggest something other than a honda and acura. Perhaps a BMW or Jaguar is more your style? They both can go top down if you get the right model and have the name to back them up.

I think most girls are more impressed with big SUVs and trucks than sports cars. i think it has something to do with the safety/security factor. girls liked my escalade way more than anything else. i sold it.

That guy is majorly confused, I don't get why those people on that forum say that there are no roads in Hawaii to drive on. I'm from Hawaii (lived there in my childhood) and I can say that I would take a 91' NSX over any s2000 anyday there, the weather is near perfect all year round and the roads are just simply astonishingly smooth with a breathtaking view.

I've been following this thread over the two boards. It has been entertaining to say the least.

Although the premise of the original poster at s2ki.com may have seemed somewhat immature in nature, his responses here show immense maturity and self control in the presence of the numerous personal attacks he suffered by some of the forum members here. In many respects, he has demonstrated more maturity than many of the posters here.

Absolutely shameful. 'Prime is indeed changing.

STB10-7, welcome on board. Whatever happens with your NSX decision, take some time to enjoy its primary qualities as a performance car. It is quite special.

Back