• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interior: just as bad

Ok this is very functional, and the gauge pod setup is killer but.... GOD even this is ugly. I mean who deigned this dash.... It looks like a bunch of none-matching parts glued together.

No insult to owners. I still love the car. But.... This:

94a5ba8b82fa1c40fd3bcd57ea2b0837_zps8dcae4ea.jpg

They gave up or they let the engineers do the designing instead of real designers. Have you sat in the C6 Vette? It's just as bad. This is typical Nissan though or pretty much 80% of the market for interiors. Hell, even the 90s 300ZX interior had more thought behind it than the new GTR. Fancy or flashy material can only take it but so far...

I think you guys are just in awe by the performance and power when you are sitting it it. When I sat in one, the same thing occurred, but then when it was cut off, it became clear it was all function and very little form.

BTW, I think that suede probably feels good, but it makes it look even more tacky IMO.

Turbo2go is right, it looks like a bunch of BestBuy products mounted on the dash.

with a cool steering wheel.

I think I will keep my NSX thanks its dated but it makes me have memories of when I was young and full of spirit.

While love my nsx, the interior is old. Its functional and the view is great but its still.........old. the gt-r doesn't win awards but its more refreshing than my interior with double dins and all. I absolutely love having the targa out. But while I'm smiling at the overall appearance, when I see the lighting and stuff all I can say is............damn that looks old. I have a big led interior light, now it is BRIGHTLY LIT old.:D

Out of subject to talk about? lol

What do you expect from a Japanese / American manufacturer. Germans and the Italians for the most part own them all in the interior department. You get what you pay for the GTR/C6 is cheep.

I don't like the looks of the GTR interior or exterior. Although KO-NSX's looks a lot better interior wise Everything seems big and blocky i guess to me

I think you guys are just in awe by the performance and power when you are sitting it it. When I sat in one, the same thing occurred....

+1. crapped my pants when my cousin took me for a spin his.... while i wasnt offended by the gtr interior in any way, it is definitely many points below the new 991/bmw 7 series interiors with regards to modern sophistication.

Did you take that picture Dave? After a test drive possibly? :eek:

Don't worry my NSX isn't going anywhere. GTR's, R8's and ex girlfriends have all tried to kill it. But it's still here by my side. Never try to separate a man and his NSX.

Don't worry my NSX isn't going anywhere. GTR's, R8's and ex girlfriends have all tried to kill it. But it's still here by my side. Never try to separate a man and his NSX.

LOL awesome

I'm gonna have to agree with you here. I'm not a fan of the GT-R interior, either. Though I COULD live with it. I've got a C6Z so I could put up with just about any mediocre interior.

Just a note: punching the accelerator helps you forget about your interior reservations. :biggrin:

Last edited:
LOL Germans will always reign supreme for interiors and craftsmanship!

I just picked up a M3 to supplement my Japanese car stable for those days I want comfort. It does almost everything well for 90% of the time and plenty fast. 4-doors, fold down seats are a great combo for dads these days. Just wish it has better mpg...boy is that v8 thirsty, how's the GTR mpg?

Back