• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

interior of my 91 nsx and 03 srt10 cleaned

Well I just picked up my 3rd Viper..A 2003 SRT10 and decided to clean the interior of it and my 1991 nsx today...Mostly just leather cleaning everything..

As much as I hate my bbsc nsx ( thing has been broke down 18 months out of 24 months no matter how much money I throw at it) I gotta give credit were credit is do...

My Viper has some nice leather here and their and amazing seats..But a lot of stuff I thought was leather was actually a hard plastic that dos a very good job of looking like leather..

Then I went to my 1991 nsx and was simply astonished to see that the whole interior is leather/suede....

Honestly my 1991 interior that was desighned in 1990 looked and FELT better than my 2003 SRT10 interior that was desighned in 2002..

I like the Viper better in every single other way...But gotta give my nsx it's due...

The interior on a 1991 nsx back in 1991 must have seriously been second to none...It still looks very good..

Ive seen pics of early 90's Vipers/vettes/lambos/ferraris..And they all lok prehistoric while the nsx is still good by todays standards

Sorry to imform you...

The interior of your NSX is NOT all leather.

As much as I hate my bbsc nsx ( thing has been broke down 18 months out of 24 months no matter how much money I throw at it) I gotta give credit were credit is do...

I have read about your BBSC issues, but my BBSC has been rock solid and I drive it like I "stoled" it.

Then I went to my 1991 nsx and was simply astonished to see that the whole interior is leather/suede.

Suede?

Honestly my 1991 interior that was desighned in 1990 looked and FELT better than my 2003 SRT10 interior that was desighned in 2002.
The interior on a 1991 nsx back in 1991 must have seriously been second to none...It still looks very good.

Agreed. Whenever someone compares to me the NSX to the Supra TT or another car from that era, the interior is the first thing that I mention. To which they usually respond that you don't drive the interior-which is true- but the interior is what you ALWAYS see when you drive a car. Everyone else sees the exterior so the interior is more for the driver's benefit, IMHO.

So true Curt, so true.

I'm replacing my console ac vent cause it is delaminating a bit or the film is crinkleing but it's still in one piece - it still valuable. I'm gonna sell my old one when my new one comes later this week! Hopefully my shocks will come this week too!!! Yessir - I'm going to be in good shape for the spring! Actually it's 61 degrees today! I drove my "hot wheels" in today!:biggrin:

Yea..The nsx interior really is well done..

I remember when I sold my first srt10 viper and got a nsx...The guy I bought the nsx from bought a srt10 viper ( not mine)..

he told me that he liked the interior on the nsx he sold me better than his new Viper...

I just owning a Viper before I bought his NSX replied...No way the srt10 interior looks much nicer...

But now after owning both a srt10 and nsx and cleaning them both on the same day...I must concur that he was right..nsx interior is hands down better as far as material ect.

You can't believe that an Acura interior is nicer than a Chrysler?? :rolleyes:

The only the SRT10 has over the NSX's is that the auxilary guages are stacked to the right side neatly. The main problem I have with the vipers interior is that you can clearly see that every single other component on the dashboard came from the crappy dodge/chrysler parts bin. The climate control knobs came from a base model jeep cherokee of a vehicle of similar caliber. Same with the radio, same with the window switches. The vents came from a Jeep Liberty. The reason why it does not matter on the viper is because the interior is suppose to suck because all the money you are paying for is for the looks and the engine.

Back