• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Introducing JH4NA1155MT002266

New owner here in Montréal! After well over 2 years of search, I found the right car, a 1991 with flawless history and mint condition. The car is originally from New Jersey and was imported into Canada in 2004, it's been in the same caring hands since then, with complete service history from the top Acura dealership in the city.

I guess this isn't the best time of year for such a purchase (we received nearly 40cm of snow yesterday!), but I've been waiting patiently for the right car and also the right seller. The former owner evidently took great care of the car and wanted to ensure it will be passed on to someone who will carry on the same philosophy, which is shared by all on this forum.

Many thanks to its previous owner who entrusted me with the car. Also, thanks to members/owners/brothers RedH and red2lemon who were instrumental in the purchasing process, they provided the needed expertise and support.

For the moment the car remains at the dealership where it passed an inspection with flying colors, I will have it transfered to a safe and warm place for the remaining winter months. The Spring won't come soon enough...

attachment.php

Attachments

• NSX 30-12.jpg
    NSX 30-12.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 780
wow... looks minty fresh! Congrats! Now please get some OEM wheels for it and you're all set!

I'd rather have a set of OEM 16/17 in brushed aluminum finish (97-2001?), I'll be looking out for these. The TSW Mondello 18" don't look bad in person and tires are new (and not the cheap stuff!) but in the name of authenticity, OEM would please Mr. Honda better.

Aside from the rims, the car is all stock. I'll install the engine cover later on, the engine looks good through the glass!

Congrats!!!

It's been a long journey but the right NSX found the right owner.

The Ottawa owners are very close by and we have about 6-9 cars that get together pretty regularly. Hopefully we can meet up one of these days. The last cruise in the fall took us to Hawkesbury, so pretty much mid-way to you. In fact one of our regulars, Henry lives in Hawkesbury. I might be taking my NSX to the GP next summer, we should meet up.

Wheels come up pretty regularly, just look around Prime.

Thanks guys! It's good to be a teenager again! :)

Oyagi, I heard that something was brewing for the 2016 GP?! More to come!

Two more pics I took with my cell when the car arrived at the dealership. My garage is full of other summer toys so I'm still trying to figure out where the NSX is going. Many places available but none I have 100% confidence in...

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20151228_132530.jpg
    IMG_20151228_132530.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 738
  • IMG_20151228_132750.jpg
    IMG_20151228_132750.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 737
Good call on putting the Oem engine cover back on. The C30A is actually not a very pretty engine, and with the cover off the rear looks totally unfinished. A set of the Oem 16/17 wheels will complete the transformation back to the way she was intended.

Looks great. Gonna be a long winter!

A really clean example for a 1991. That car is so much in good hand, Christian is more than passionate about the NSX. Really happy for him since he was looking for the right one for a couples of years. Since the canadian market is way more smaller than the US market, you really have to be patient in your search. Clean one don't come so often and now with the depreciation of the CanD$ vs. USD$ you have to be fast when a NSX pop up on the market. I'm happy that this one stay up north! Here's some pics taken at the Acura dealership for the inspection.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

looks great glad you found one finally no mention of me at all LOL..

anyway I sent you an email about the items your looking for.

Shawn

Fine looking car. You will find this a particularly long winter I expect! Since you already know Shawn, make a deal with him on his 02 rims he had for sale!

A few more pics (taken by the previous owner just before storing last Fall) to soften the excruciating wait for the Spring to arrive.

Buying one's dream car in the middle of winter is a painful experience but the joy will be immense when I take it out of the garage for this first time!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• NSX1.jpg
    NSX1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 365
  • NSX2.jpg
    NSX2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 372
sweet looking car. always loved the red/black top...

Good call on putting the Oem engine cover back on. The C30A is actually not a very pretty engine, and with the cover off the rear looks totally unfinished. A set of the Oem 16/17 wheels will complete the transformation back to the way she was intended.

what Oyagi said. the car will look heaps better, with the engine cover and OEM '94 and up wheels...

Since you already know Shawn, make a deal with him on his 02 rims he had for sale!

that isn't a bad idea either... :wink:

Back