• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Introducing the Authentic Honda OEM Type R Red Valve Cover Powder Coat Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine a few weeks ago. Shipping was quick and they look fantastic! Highly recommended :smile:

How much for your core charge? How long is the turn around time for this if I sent mine in? The reason I ask is after NSXPO I am getting Timing belt/Water Pump, Valve adjustments, and hoses done. figure that would be the best time to have it done, or swap them out.

Mine are in and I've got to say they look brilliant. Thanks Garrick!

Before:

P5170420s.jpg

P5270437s.jpg

I'd like to get all three pieces powder coated and was wondering about the turn around time. I'm taking my car in today for some upgrades (JDM short gears, Type R final drive and SOS sport clutch plus TB and WP)

Peter

Service is still available! PM me and we can work out the details. I'm in the middle of a batch of covers and I should have up to 3 fresh sets available. One may already be spoken for...

Ed, your photos are aweseome! That's a really good representation of the true color and texture! Your engine bay looks very sharp!

Pms replied to. Email notifications stopped for me for some reason and i have to login to know i have new messages. Sorry for the delay!

Do you have these on exchange? Meaning you would send out your valve covers finished with a core charge and then refund the core upon receipt of originals? Is it possible to install the valve covers without removing the engine, and if so, does removing the intake manifold and fuel rail/injectors help?

Do you have these on exchange? Meaning you would send out your valve covers finished with a core charge and then refund the core upon receipt of originals? Is it possible to install the valve covers without removing the engine, and if so, does removing the intake manifold and fuel rail/injectors help?

Yes. I stock 3 full sets of NSX valve covers and I can ship them out with a core charge first which would be fully refunded when I get your covers back in good and clean (oil free) condition.

Valve cover install does NOT need engine removal... see pics in thread where I local customer tool pics of me performing the install/removal. You don't need to remove the fuel rail or injectors but you will need to remove the OEM rear strut bar and the fuel injector covers (plastic pieces). Most of the wire harness brackets bolted to the corners of the heads should be removed to make things easier.

If you've never done it before, plan for at least 3 hours. PM me and I can give you lots of tips for removal. I've done lots of these and it still takes me over 2 hours to do the full swap.

Sent you a PM a few days ago regarding invoicing me... Didn't hear back

Thanks Ed that is an expensive cap! I appreciate the link, I found some replica aluminum ones out there.

Last edited:
Can't wait until NOv to get mine.

PM sent! I'm waiting for Nero and redat9's covers to arrive before I can kick off another batch. Berlinaguy85, if you can send your covers over, I can probably kick off a batch without Nero's covers returned... though I'd prefer to have ALL my covers back when I kick off a batch... Nero... Hint, hint... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back