• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

introductory special for TAITEC header system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. let's recapitulate where we are right now.

In the original group-buy SoS (Chris) only got two interested and he needs ten people minimum for this buy.
So, here's a short list of people who have shown interest in these Taitec headers within this thread and who seems to be pretty interested.

MvM
notslow
tewills
juejaimon
Slickspop
gene '96
Viper Driver
NSX36
Russ
Welsh Dragon

The question is now, how many of you will order if Chris still can give us all a discount on the price?

MvM said:
Ok. let's recapitulate where we are right now.

In the original group-buy SoS (Chris) only got two interested and he needs ten people minimum for this buy.
So, here's a short list of people who have shown interest in these Taitec headers within this thread and who seems to be pretty interested.

MvM
notslow
tewills
juejaimon
Slickspop
gene '96
Viper Driver
NSX36
Russ
Welsh Dragon

The question is now, how many of you will order if Chris still can give us all a discount on the price?

Tewills is in!

Sorry to be a stickler, but I will ONLY be interested the day I see a before/after dyno with these headers. It would also be interesting to see a Comptech and/or DC Sports comparo as well.

Until then, I'm still just window shopping until tax return season comes along next spring.

Chuck

Viper Driver said:
Sorry to be a stickler, but I will ONLY be interested the day I see a before/after dyno with these headers. It would also be interesting to see a Comptech and/or DC Sports comparo as well.

Until then, I'm still just window shopping until tax return season comes along next spring.

Chuck

This goes for everyone on the fence:

I kinda know where you are coming from. I felt the same when I started checking about headers and exhausts. I couldn't find adequate dyno results for the Taitec either...but I also couldn't find adequate results for Mugen or Fujitsobo either...and I don't think anyone will dispute the performance and quality of these...perhaps the price. Everyone I talked to (so-called experts in the industry) had the same response; "Taitec headers and exhaust are AWESOME...if you don't mind waiting for 4 months to get them from over-seas and paying the extra cash". I don't know about the wait time, but with this group buy we take the "extra cash" varible out of the equation. Why be typical...I think everyone buys Comptech, RM, DC just because they're affordable and easy to get a hold of. I am excited about a group buy...I hope you guys and gals will all come together and take advantage of the opportunity.

tewills-

I appreciate your point of view, but let me fill you in on a few things. First of all, I had my car in Mark Basch's shop in January when Chris told me about the upcoming Taitec product line. I had mentioned that I was really interested in them, and then he proceeded to tell me about a "dyno shoot-out" to take place in the upcoming weeks.

I drove home to Albuquerque, and my mouth really began to water a few days later when I saw this thread on the NSXPrime SW US forum:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11015

So, from January to now, there has been no dyno test on a new product? Chris is a great guy and I love doing business with him and Mark Basch, but I am left wondering (1) why there is no SOS input on this thread regarding the many calls for dyno plots and (2) why there hasn't been a dyno plot released despite solicitation for a "donor car" four months ago?

I can see how hard it may be to find dynos for rare/hard-to-find aftermarket parts. However, I feel that this doesn't apply in this case. This may seem like a small issue and it will probably turn out to be much ado about nothing, but I'm going to hold my ground on this.

Chuck

Thanks all for your interest. The previous special was not available because we did not have enough interest. We do have several sets in stock though from the previous shipment if anyone does not want to wait.

However, if you would like the special pricing, we'd need to order a quantity, and ship the units in a container with other shipments as before.

The cut-off date will be June 2nd (Monday).

The pricing will be as before:

1991-94
$1320.00 ($230.00 savings)

1995-99
$1190.00 ($150.00 savings)

These prices include international freight & customs, but do not include shipping to your door, which averages between $30-45. If you are interested, please call today (877-863-4520) or send an e-mail to [email protected]. Your order will be confirmed via a deposit.

best regards,
-- Chris

Chuck -- As discussed before, we ran comparison dyno runs with Comptech and TAITEC headers. However, we did not have an aftermarket exhaust available at the time. With the restrictive factory exhaust, both headers demonstrated only 3-4 peak horsepower gain. Since our test car is now supercharged, the dyno results now would not be applicable.

We have not found anyone local that is interested at this time. Going to be in Phoenix any time soon?

Regards,
-- Chris

Is this available for 2000 cars and newer?

ScienceofSpeed said:
We have not found anyone local that is interested at this time. Going to be in Phoenix any time soon?

Regards,
-- Chris

Damn......I wish! If I lived in Phoenix, I'd be all over this. Was the one person (SCNSXGirl) who replied on the SW forum thread the only one who was interested? I'd figure there would be NSX owners coming out of the woodwork to take advantage of this offer. Maybe I'll resurrect the thread in the SW forum to re-advertise your offer.

Anyway, I'm not planning on going to Phoenix any time soon.....maybe later on this summer or early fall. If you're still looking for a test vehicle then, I'd be more than happy to drive my NSX down there to take part in this. Like I said, though, I'm really suprised that you couldn't find at least one NSX in Phoenix to do this test with.

Tell you what........if there's not been a dyno done yet and my job sends me your direction, I'll drop you a line and see if you're still up for the dyno deal!

As for the group buy, I hope it goes through for the folks who are interested. They sound like a great set of headers!

Cheers,
Chuck

Taitec Headers

Chris,

Based on your rating system for the loudness of the exhausts on your website and by installing these taitec headers, how much "louder" will it be?

TIA

This may seem like a silly question, but usually stuff for the 91-96 is cheaper than 97+. Why it is different with these headers?

These headers (Comptech, Fujitsubo, Mugen, etc. are the same) use a universal design from the exhaust port flange to the primary tubes to the collectors. 1991-94 cars get an additional set of pipes connecting to the cat. This design allows the addition of a ball-socket style joint which is a much better design than the flex-joint used on the DC Sports headers. The later models get the discount since these pipes are not required.

best regards,
-- Chris

From my limited understanding of California CARB law, almost any modification to the engine emission system (engine management computer, intake, exhaust, etc.) must be CARB certified despite the product's irrelevance to how emissions are produced, reduced, or emitted.

Kinan said:
Does this mean they need to be certified and they aren't or that they don't need to be certified (and they aren't)?

ScienceofSpeed said:
These prices include international freight & customs, but do not include shipping to your door, which averages between $30-45. If you are interested, please call today (877-863-4520) or send an e-mail to [email protected]. Your order will be confirmed via a deposit.

best regards,
-- Chris [/B]

Chris-
When would you expect delivery and how much is the deposit?
Thanks,
-Jim

Throw my name on the list Chris. I think that these are the headers I have been waiting for. Private me with the details of how many more people are needed and when to expect the deal to go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back