• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

InV1si Valentine One internal mirror

If you've been following the other thread by the same name, this is a picture of the first NSX mirror done by Jim.

It's awesome ! !

Workmanship is impeccable.

Will be nice to not have to take my eyes off the road.

DSC01369%20(Medium).JPG

------------------
2002•Black/Black

Where did you install the radar detector? I can see the wire coming down, is the connector way out on the side of the mirror? I understand you are pretty happy with the install, if you previously had a straightforward installation, was this worth all the trouble of rewiring and re-mounting everything?

The wire going down leads to the connector. I would suggest leaving a bit of slack in the telephone interconnect cable, throwing a tie-wrap around it and running it up alongside the mirror stalk before running it under the headliner.

It's installed on a Dali Bracket between the seats,(www.daliracing.com).

DSC01372%20(Medium).JPG

I am using an extremely thin telephone cable from the mirror to the actual radar unit.

------------------
2002•Black/Black

Originally posted by NSX-00054:
It's installed on a Dali Bracket between the seats,(www.daliracing.com).

DSC01372%20(Medium).JPG

I am using an extremely thin telephone cable from the mirror to the actual radar unit.

The mirror mounted display looks great and is now on my "things to buy" list, but I was wondering about the Dali V1 mount. Have you lost any of your rear detection? I guess the engine cover would be transparent to radar, but would the engine block itself plus the trunk block radar signals? I will assume that you give up rear laser detection as well.

Originally posted by RL in Florida:
The mirror mounted display looks great and is now on my "things to buy" list, but I was wondering about the Dali V1 mount. Have you lost any of your rear detection? I guess the engine cover would be transparent to radar, but would the engine block itself plus the trunk block radar signals? I will assume that you give up rear laser detection as well.

I don't think you give up anything on rear radar signals but laser might be an issue. I think most laser is from the front though. It has worked fine for me from the back.

Originally posted by RL in Florida:

I love that mirror mount!

It is my understanding that the Dali V1 mount bolts to the upper edge of the firewall and holds the V1 unit at the lower edge of the inside rear window, such that no metal parts of the car obscure the signals from the rear. (See photos above in this thread).

My only concern is the mount's close proximity to potentially waving passenger heads, if there's a side impact crash or rollover.

Does anyone know if the V1 could be mounted directly above this firewall position, on the rear ceiling/rollbar area? This way it would be higher and probably pick up front and rear signals sooner, and also be farther away from delicate heads.

Anyone with experience on this? How about Mark J?

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Tubi exhaust, Dali street anti-sway bars, Dunlop SP9000s

[This message has been edited by NSXY (edited 30 August 2002).]

I should have a working prototype of the plastic V1 enclosure to go with the Dali bracket by this evening. It will emulate a 3rd brake light. I'm getting both red and smoke lenses for it so people can see it in both configurations. the lenses will slide out and be replaceable. There is a slanted lense in back, vertical in front.

I'll give it to Mark Johnson to test in his car and see if it needs any changes. I should be able to supply him with pricing information this evening also. So Dali Racing should be able to take orders for systems this weekend if Mark wants too.

Everyone have a great weekend. I'll post a pic of the prototype if I can figure out how to attach a photo to this forum.

Originally posted by NSXY:

Does anyone know if the V1 could be mounted directly above this firewall position, on the rear ceiling/rollbar area? This way it would be higher and probably pick up front and rear signals sooner, and also be farther away from delicate heads.

Anyone with experience on this? How about Mark J?

I had mine attached to the lens of the rear cabin light using the suction cups. It worked just as well as now - attached to the top of the windshield. My problem with the former arrangement was that I couldn't see the display. When I get my new mirror with the display inside I'm going to reinstall my V1 back on the lens of the light. It's totally out of the way and practically impossible to detect unless you are in the cabin.

Sweeeeet! Got my V1 today & looking forward to getting the full InV1si setup.

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Hello everyone

Sorry I've been away for a bit. I have some updates:

First, I am going to be trying a slightly different percentage of two-way mirror effect for one of the members. IF Acura ever gets stock on these mirrors. Good Lord, what a wait on backlog for new mirrors. I've been waiting 3 weeks! They must have to come over on the boat or something.

Second, for those that have sent me mirrors and have been waiting for the new cover boxes for the Dali Racing mounting bracket, they came in from the factory today. I bought a couple of dozen so they will be going out Monday, I have to inspect each one before packing, as plastic gets marred easily.

But here's some pictures for those waiting so they can see what they'll be getting shortly.

nsxbox1.jpg

nsxbox2.jpg

nsxbox3.jpg

If anyone has questions about anything at all, my number is 760-500-8124 and my email is [email protected]. I'll try not to spam the list needlessly anymore.

Thanks guys and gals

Jim

[This message has been edited by jsp98m3 (edited 27 September 2002).]

[This message has been edited by jsp98m3 (edited 27 September 2002).]

Back