• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Investors- Build our own LIMITED production SPORTS CAR?

I have been reading on this forum for a couple of years now. We have people here from all walks of life. Engineers, programmers, insurance, blue collar etc.....

Would anyone be interested in putting our brains, money, and time together to develop a prototype car, with the intention of possibly having a small production run?

I know it sounds like a pipe dream....anyone?

I may have two investors at this point.

There is someone interested in doing the 3d rendering and computer work, and designs automobiles for a living.

Have a very experienced guy that is willing to do all the fiberglass work.....

Still need a lot more to get this off the ground.....anyone?

Sounds like a lot of fun, but you won't make money on it. In fact it will cost you quite a bit. If you are looking to do this as a hobby or to kill time, then it's a great idea. If you think you will actually make money on this, unless you are willing to devote all of your time to this venture, it probably won't make any money.

Just think of the millions that Honda lost on the NSX and then re-think what it is you are trying to accomplish.

Im not one to tell you what you can and can't do. With the right budget $$$$$$ anything CAN be done!

Thanks for the input guys, but two things to consider:
1) I'm not trying to build the world's first all aluminum sports car, and
2) No one is on payroll....everyone contributing works for free, in the end gets a cut / publicity, and if there is a profit you get paid based on contribution.

Who wouldn't want to unwrap a sports car and sell it to the world?

didnt the guy who designed the zonda start out sweeping floors at a lamborghini plant?

I think enough said, great Idea and thread. if cars are your passion, then go for it.

I think this is an awesome idea. Go for it! May I suggest "bolting" 2 S2000 engines together for the powerplant?

I am in the process of contacting a previous Honda engineer that lives is Kauai, HI. I will see if he is interested in doing the engineering on the project.

I talked to a mechanical expert. In order to do two engines mated together, it would be very tricky. Both engines would have to be rpm matched, and the ECM would have to be re-engineered. A manual tranny option would be almost impossible to do........though I am sure there is a way.

If anyone knows a clay modeler, please point me in the right direction.

Once an engineer is on board, we will need to set a meeting to discuss design direction. After the basics are hammered out, we can have a 3-D model rendered. At this point, the capital will need to be collected, agreements will be drawn up, a board of directors formed, and a company will be created.

I have several contacts........looks hopeful.

this thread may become something pretty good, im going to keep my eye on this too. I just hope when the time comes (if it does) I can contribute 1 good idea to this possible car.

Back