• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is anyone familiar with this extremely (should I say -->) cheap NSX widebody kit?

Extreme Dimensions GT300 Widebody Complete Kit

91-01 Acura NSX This Complete Kit Includes GT300 Widebody Front Bumper, GT300 Widebody Rear Bumper, GT300 Widebody Side Skirts, GT300 Widebody Front Fenders, and GT300 Widebody Rear Fenders. Part #: 103080
MSRP: $1,999.00
Your Price: $1,699.97

Here is the link to the website offering this…
http://www.sportcompactonly.com/product.aspx?p=106192&c=12&l=2&mk=Acura

This may be a rush to judgement.. but due to the price of this kit, my guess is that it's a poorly made, heavy, hard to prep & install FRP kit.

Has anyone seen this kit in person?
Any input?

Re: Is anyone familiar with this extremely (should I say -->) cheap NSX widebody kit?

Looks like Comptech widebody kit.

Re: Is anyone familiar with this extremely (should I say -->) cheap NSX widebody kit?

It is a Comptech style widebody kit. If you search for "NSX" on ebay you'll find it for I think 1599.00. It's sold by Raceonusa.com

There are a couple of members on here who have the kit.

WOW, that's interesting.

I did not realize anyone here at prime was using the said kit. I am sorry if I offended anyone with my rush to judgment statement. Its just that for such a full widebody kit to be priced so low I would have to assume it requires once again extensive work to attach it to the NSX.

Perhaps I should ask... who has this $1,599-$1,699 Widebody kit, and how hard was it to install?

I am having one put on my car now and it is extremely expensive because they (boody kit) are made with low quality... I was told if they were given a grade it would be a D+.
But hey, I did it ... Jump ...do it ....

Knukle Head said:
I am having one put on my car now and it is extremely expensive because they (boody kit) are made with low quality... I was told if they were given a grade it would be a D+.
But hey, I did it ... Jump ...do it ....

Sadly for those of us that want this style widebody, this is our only option b/c the CT kit of this is no longer made :( Oh well, the money saved from buying it for only $1500 can be put towards strengthening it and fitting it I suppose, so not so bad. I may just go ahead and buy this kit before I even buy another NSX just so I can have it incase they also decide to stop making it, b/c I really don't care for any other WB kit looks out there.

I have seen,and even considered this kit. I am sorry, but "I" think it's crap...I was inspecting the side skirts, and could see daylight thru it!! You will spend more on bodyshop labor "fixing" the thin poorly constructed kit, than what you will pay for the kit...Having said that, I have seen this kit installed, it looks great.....just too much labor expense...that's my 2cents...Brent:smile:

NSX123 said:
WOW, that's interesting.

I did not realize anyone here at prime was using the said kit. I am sorry if I offended anyone with my rush to judgment statement. Its just that for such a full widebody kit to be priced so low I would have to assume it requires once again extensive work to attach it to the NSX.

Perhaps I should ask... who has this $1,599-$1,699 Widebody kit, and how hard was it to install?

It is not so much the price of the bodykit that you should be concerned about....it is the price of the installation that made me change my mind.

yeah but it cost too much for ANY WB kit to get put on..............

i could buy another car with what it cost for mine !!!!!!!!!

Could the rear fender be bought separately and would they be able to be flush with the 02 difusser. I like the smooth flow if this bodykit.

Back