• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is shopping for a NSX (or any sports car) half the fun?

Dear Abbey,

I've been lurking on this forum doing research for my sports car. I'm having a blast reading and going out to test drive the competition. I'm sure it will be a blast when I finally get the keys to my car, but I'm sure having a lot of fun right now doing test drives and comparos...

Hope to post my new baby on here soon!

Patiently shopping in the Southwest...

Although shopping for an NSX is sometimes a joy.....It can become difficult to find the RIGHT one....in good condition with all the maintanance for the right price.

But there is NO way it compares to when you drive it home for the first time!!

NIRVANA

If you're picky and impatient, shopping for any sports car isn't enjoyable.

If you're patient and open to different possibilities, shopping for a sports car can be very fun.

But I'd still rather buy than shop.

I can say with all honesty that for me, the search was not 'fun' at all. When you're dealing with a low production car like the NSX, there simply are not that many available to begin with. Then, on top of that, you have to deal with finding the 'right' one. Yeah, I found alot of NSX's in my search, but alot of them lacked maintenance records, the owners gave me an uncomfortable feeling about how well the car was maintained, the prices were too high, etc. It took me over six months to find my car, and now that I have, I don't ever want to go through that experience again.

I've been looking for a month now...drove 7 different cars already and found each car and owner to be...unique. Most don't seem to have much service history and a couple were shockingly unaware of their car (except for their research into their asking price). Haven't found the "right" one yet but I am patient and cruising the 'Prime is always fun...

Back