• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is the glass hatch easy to remove\replace?

Hey Guys;

Seriously considering removing my rear glass hatch over the engine for tomorrows Ortega run. I have a turbo not particularly designed for 100 degree desert runs and I would love to have it open-air for the event only. I have 2 concerns:

1) Cop Magnet!!!

but mostly;

2) Is the rear glass a straight bolt-on or is it adjustable, as in if I take it off will it be a nightmare to re-align and re-hang so it lines up?

Any experience shared would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks;

Chris Wolf

as a certified auto glass technician i would venture to say it is easy bolt on/off.. alignment will be perfect everytime if you tighten the bolts correctly, just be warned that the glass costs $600+

Thanks for the help so far guys.

On the structure I would have to kind of doubt it plays a role myself, there's no way the lexan racing ones do shit, and they are usually on cars that torque more and turn harder than street-only cars like mine. Seriously, if it was a problem I think Gerry Johnson's car would have pretzelled already with the plastic hatch\scoop combo.

It takes about 5 minutes to take it off. No problems with it lining back up. I'd give serious consideration to taking out my engine gover, too, as I'm not certain it was designed to see the wind force you may generate sans glass.

Good luck,

Ben

Oh yeah, actually the engine cover was sucked into the black hole formerly known as nsx modified almost 2 years ago. I actually just took it off, not a big deal at all. I tye-wrapped down the 2 factory wire harnesses that go to the rear defroster and I am about to take a little test drive ! Thanks you guys, I will post what the eye-popping cop factor is shortly!!!

Thanks;

Wolfie

Back