• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is the search feature not working?

Sorry to ask this in this forum but I have been trying to search the archive for info on removing the "acura" decal in the rear tail light and for the past week I hae been unable to submit any search requests.

The search feature works fine for me.

What do you mean when you say you are unable to submit search requests? What kind of response do you get?

NSXtacy,

When I submit a search request the info is never returned from the server. My screen just waits until it times out. I am using IE 6 and have tried on multiple machines over the past week.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to post this kind of question in a general forum. I did find a reference in the FAQ section that mentions the removal of the "acura" decal in the rear tail light but have not found anything about removing the rear tail light itself. I am sure this has been covered somewhere.....now if I could only search the forum I would be in business!!!

The search function can take a long time - long enough for your browser to time out. (It's not the browser; I'm using IE6 also.)

Perhaps you are not narrowing your search enough. It helps to narrow your search by searching titles rather than the entire contents of the topics; limiting the time frame; limiting the search to a specific user name; limiting the search to one forum rather than all open forums; etc.

I did a search for all topics in the General Discussion forum with "decal" in the title. It came up pretty quick, but none of the three topics were relevant. So you might want to search for "tail" in the title, that kind of thing. Also try the Technical forum.

First thing, obviously, is to make sure the search function works for you. I suspect if you try a reasonably narrow search you'll find that it works fine. If not, let us know what it's doing and we'll go from there.

nsxtasy,

I narrowed my search using various words and searching only in the subject fields and it still is not responding. This is making me feel really stupid since I used to work in web development. Do you know who I should contact at nsxprime about this?

Contact Lud at [email protected] and I'm sure he can help.

BTW, don't be surprised if he moves this topic to the NSXprime Discussion forum...

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 13 November 2002).]

Back