• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is this an O2 sensor problem?

So last night as I was getting in my car to leave after work, the "check engine" light came on. Went to get a code reader and this is what I got: P0135; o2 heater circuit (bank1, sensor1). I've been reading the forum and seems like this is the O2 sensor issue. I just want to confirm before I order a pair of sensor.

BTW the car is '96 stock.
Are SOS sensors good?

Thanks

Buy a NGK NTK from your local auto store for under $70.00 each. I just replaced all of mine when installing headers. All 4 sensors are working as they should when I hooked up my real time diagnostic computer. They all pretty much function the same. B1 S1 is on the manifold in the rear closest to the back bumper. If the o2 tool strips, then plan on removing the heat shield, trust me that you will save much more time this way. Make sure you have a 22mm wrech. If it goes there, remove the V aluminum bracket bolted to the car and sub frame, there are 4-14mm bolts.

Charlee,

Thank you for the helpful info. BTW, do you know which one I should buy(upstream or downstream pair?) with S1,B1 code P0135?

Buy a NGK NTK from your local auto store for under $70.00 each. I just replaced all of mine when installing headers. All 4 sensors are working as they should when I hooked up my real time diagnostic computer. They all pretty much function the same. B1 S1 is on the manifold in the rear closest to the back bumper. If the o2 tool strips, then plan on removing the heat shield, trust me that you will save much more time this way. Make sure you have a 22mm wrech. If it goes there, remove the V aluminum bracket bolted to the car and sub frame, there are 4-14mm bolts.

I just went through this. It's the most difficult one to change. Routing the wire is a mild pain.

It's also the toughest to see btw is don't do what I did and change the wrong one first...

Back