• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is this your NSX? warning, long story inside

oldschol.jpg

hey guys, funny story behind this picture. I have been a Honda guy since high school, and the NSX has always been my dream car. Growing up in a small town in Kansas though, literally had never seen one in my entire life.

So... fast forward to October 2004. I am stationed in Italy, getting ready to head to afghanistan for the first time. Been married all of a year at this point, and find out I need a heart ablation due to an extra ventricle, and have to be flown to Walter Reid Army hospital in Washington, D.C. to have the surgery done as they did not have the facilities in Germany to do it (where, even if your in based in Italy, you still have to go for serious medical treatment). Well, I fly my wife to Washington to meet me, as she stayed in the states with my family while I was overseas. A few days before the surgery, we go to Silver City I think it us, a little upscale place a few blocks from the hotel we were staying at. Were on foot, and as were walking to the theatre after dinner... I see it. The first real NSX I had ever seen in person. I had an RSX type S at the time, which I thought was the tits, but this was something else. Magazines and pictures did not do the car justice in person. So, while I sat a good 5 feet away from it with my jaw on the pavement, my wife pulls out the disposable camera, and snaps a pic. I swear one day I will own one, and look at the picture 50 more times before she leaves. She throws it in a shoe box when she gets home, and I don't think about it again.

Now... bought my 93 NSX in January this year. I bring it home, after a 5 hour drive. My wife comes out, looks at it, and hands me the picture. She had saved it the whole time, and reminded me I had told her, 7 years ago, that one day I would own one. After some mechanical issues because I was a dumb dumb and didn't get it PPI'ed (thanks Chris, Jeff, and the guys at SOS for all the work, car runs great, and love the clutch/flywheel also. Also, they continue to let me pester them as I am a paranoid noise car owner, you know the type) and helpful advice and offers to lend a hand from fellow primers (Ben from Daisy Auto, Larry B, and a few others) I am driving my childhood dream car, allot of it being from back in the day and actually seeing THIS car in person. So, any of you guys had a black with ivory interior NSX in D.C. back in Oct. 04?

oldschol.jpg

Now... bought my 93 NSX in January this year. I bring it home, after a 5 hour drive. My wife comes out, looks at it, and hands me the picture. She had saved it the whole time, and reminded me I had told her, 7 years ago, that one day I would own one.....

This is the part where a woman's over-sized memory gland comes in handy.

:biggrin:

Im sure someone will chime in and say thats my car.

we are all glad your driving your dream car.

I felt the same way when i saw my first NSX in person I have a pic of it I will dig it out and post it in this thread.

I swore I will own an NSX one day. well that day came almost 3 years ago. not going to brag but who would of thought when I was younger I would not own just one but I have 3. my Daily Driver is a 92 my baby clean title and I have 2 other's that are rebuilt by my own hands.

I still get in my 92 every morning and smile when i start it up.
even to this day I drive the roads of tampa and know Im not going to get passed in the fast lane by another NSX.

like others have said you dont see them in the wild

Great story, congrats. I too will be purchasing an NSX very soon. I too grew up in Kansas, where abouts in Kansas are you from? I'll also be driving past Fort Campbell on my way back to California, in my NSX :)

Dave

Great story, congrats. I too will be purchasing an NSX very soon. I too grew up in Kansas, where abouts in Kansas are you from? I'll also be driving past Fort Campbell on my way back to California, in my NSX :)

Dave

Grew up in Ark City, went to high school in Wichita. And Shawn, I could only dream of having three!

great story and your right nsx looks better in person:biggrin:

even to this day I drive the roads of tampa and know Im not going to get passed in the fast lane by another NSX.

like others have said you dont see them in the wild
Don't be so sure. I might run into you one day :biggrin: This is truely a great story. Congratulations

Last edited:
I found the pics it was dated 1994
will upload them later who knows it might be a prime member you can kinda see the driver

here they are dated 1994

my buddy had VW Bug the guy was cheezin while we were taking pics.

notice the other cars on the road, nothing looked as good as the NSX and still to this day turns heads as there is no other car like it on the road
and this is 2012 yikes

who knows could be a prime member

2012-03-05_21-16-03_139.jpg

2012-03-05_21-17-31_889.jpg

2012-03-05_21-15-44_269.jpg

2012-03-05_21-15-30_72.jpg

2012-03-05_21-16-19_442.jpg

Last edited:
Great story! :)
Congrats!

COngratulations! I couldn't believe it when I finally got my NSX...kept going in the garage to stare at it. Still do and that was over seven years ago:wink:

Great story. Welcome to the club. The guy in the white car (3rd one down) is straining to get an eye full .(shawn's pics)

So, any of you guys had a black with ivory interior NSX in D.C. back in Oct. 04?
Great story, and given the number of NSX folks in the DC area it seems that someone would know about a black with ivory interior and chromed wheels in the Crystal City area running DC plates.

Congrats and great story.

Back