• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Island All Japanese Import Meet Tonight

Timmies at Save On Foods Shopping Center. We are trying to get out some of the island Japanese Import owners. Much like the Classic Cars do out in Colwood every Friday night, it would be nice to have a 'mixed' meet on Friday's at timmies. I would like to see as many cars as possible. We can make this a weekly or bi-weekly meet.

Anyone else interested? I am extending the invite to all the clubs (240, 8th civic, S2Kca, S2Ki, NSXPrime, WRX, Mazda, Nissan, Acura). Lets grow this to a great event. These are the forums I belong to, if anyone knows of others please contact them.

7:00-7:30pm

Dave
Vancouver Island S2Ki CO

Last edited:
Can someone list the regular car meets on the island?

Not too many showed up but we (S2000's) were early in arriving. Going to try a bit later tonight (around 9pm). For sure come out I am just trying to get this off the ground again.

As far as I know the Friday nights are the only meets that happen all the time. Again this is what I am trying to start..., Here are two posts to the Nissan/Infinity crowd:

Ya I know just trying to revive it. Would like to see it be many of the groups here and be more of a JDM thing than a revscene thing.

The island is small and we don't get the members out like they do on the mainland. I am thinking that if we combine groups we can get more cars out. More cars, more to see.

The classic car club does it on Fridays out in Colwood and they are starting to get a better turnout. I put together a poker run for the S2000/NSX crowd last year and the interest was high but the numbers were low. We still managed to raise enough money to send two kids to Camp Shawnigan.

I want to expand the poker run this summer and step one is to involve more groups. If anyone went to the Show & Shine at The Honda Way, I helped to organize that as well with Sokha. It is time to show the public that were not just a bunch of modders that street race..., especially on the island.

The S2Ki club on the island also goes on cruz's in the summer months quite frequently. We like to do the pacific marine circle (out to Port Renfrew via Sooke, Jordan River, then over the mountain and into Lake Cowichan then down the Malahat back to Victoria. About a 4 hour drive with a stop for lunch in either Port Renfrew or Duncan (Mr Mikes).

NSX's usually come with us to some extent, but ya the island is small and we have a different crowd here than the mainland. We tend to be a bit older her and we don't get hassled as much by the Po Po.

I would love to have more Import meets than model or make specific meets. Get bigger numbers and start trying to give something back to the community. The Poker Run was a good example of that. We ended up sending two kids to camp last summer and felt great doing it. We had terrific sponsorship as well. All the island Honda dealerships tossed in money and swag..., Mt Washington gave me the facilities for half price and threw in some ski and tubing passes and a lot of the local car shops both on the island and on the mainland threw in a bunch of things (trips to Vegas, trips for F1 race training in Calgary, full car details..., lots of stuff).

What I am hoping for is if we can revive the Friday night meets or make up another day and place, but we have ALL the Japanese Imports show then we can work towards a more structured approach. Kim Head from the All Japanese Car show that was at Gyro park is also on board and he is going to help out with this years Poker Run so we can make it epic. Here are some pics I took if your interested. There are many more and video's and we had a professional vidoegrapher booked but his grandfather ended up getting sick and he couldn't make it over.

Angus I don't know of any preset NSX meets currently. We always love to have the NSX's out to our meets though.

Dave

Back