• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Issues with STMPO RSTB

-m-

Contributing Member
Hey all,

I recently purchased a STMPO RSTB for my car via nsxprime. My mechanic was trying to install it, but looks like the dimensions do not align correctly. Is this a known issue with the RSTB? Is there some other finagling that needs to be done? Or give up on this and just go with the Lovefab RSTB?

Thanks!

Is it the triangle bar for the targa cars? If it is, you have to jack up the car and drop the shocks enough to put the bar on first and then slide the shock bolts back up thru the holes.

Yep.....just jack up one side of the car....drops right in.

You're gonna love that bar...tightened my car right up...noticed less creaking pulling out of drive way....first time I drove my car after the install. And a much tighter feel driving.

What year is your car? I know 2000+ cars have different air tubes on passenger's side so a little bracket would have to be modified.

Sorry, I should have add more info. I have a 1996 Targa. The bolts seem to be fine over the shock towers. There is approximately .5-1 inch of gap between the bar and the firewall.

I never heard of that problem. Maybe you can have a spacer made. Do you have any pictures of the fit?

I never heard of that problem. Maybe you can have a spacer made. Do you have any pictures of the fit?

Ditto... I have the STMPO RTSB and it fit perfectly, Ross designed it to fairly tight tolerances. You should not be seeing that kind of gap at the firewall

post a picture, I'm curious... post measurements of your bar too, I'll compare with mine and post results back here

-

They actually used my '95 for measurements...

I have a 1995 and mine fits perfectly. I have the S/C version though (with the hump for a Comptech Supercharger).

I wonder if you'll need to slot the bolt holes? I have been thinking of welding my CT brace into one piece since I feel like it flexes WAY too much - Either that or upsize the bolts which hold it together to M10 or 12.

Back