• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Its Done!! Marga Hills/02 Conv.

I purchased my NSX late february. I traded in my Saleen S281 Speedster for the NSX. I try not to pay much attention to other's opinions...but many of my friends said the Saleed was faster and looked better.

I came across pics of 2 NSXs with Marga Hills kits and 02 headlight conversions. I realized immediately that is what I wanted my car to look like. The car had more presence, but without the "ricey" effect. I just finished school last quarter so I do not have the financial resources that some of you guys have..

Did it on a budget...here is the break down:

US Spec OEM 04 Headlight with gaskets, seals, etc...$1550
Aftermarket HID.. $525
Carbon Fiber OEM style hood $500
Replica Marga Hills Bumper $280
Original Marga Hills Skirts $270
Paint & Body $1600
(There was a lot of repair and fabrication involved. Fittment on the Marga Hills pieces was terrible, fender flange on the skirt was customized for a different look. Fender were also repainted.)

Total: $4,624 including shipping, taxes, etc.

Previous Mods: alpine in-dash monitor, alpine digital processor, audiovox dvd/mp3 player, canton components, IDQ 12" sub, PPI 4425 amp, 19"/18" konigs, slotted rotors, comptech sway bars, K&N intake, momo shift knob

Future Mods: Should be getting rear WW spats by next week, Paddock Exhaust

Wishlist: Taitec NSX-R Hood, Lambo Doors....maybe in a year

Picked up the car from the body shop on last Friday...racked up 700 miles within the last 4 days (had to make up for the month I was riding the bus to work!!!!)

Attachments

• nsx_web.jpg
    nsx_web.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 5,529
Looks fantastic, Speed!!! You really did a great job of making that car look classier and more exotic!

2 Thumbs up!!!

Hey! Lookin' good. Maybe I'll see you around sometime. My office is right at the intersection of Colorado and Lake. :) BTW, if you want to post bigger pics, you'll probably want to host it at another site and just post a link to it.

very nice dude...

just curious why don't you get an 02 rear valence rather than WW spats? Looks a lot better IMO.

Also on the 04 housings...so the housings without the HIDs is only $1550? Can you tell me who you sourced them from?

Thanks

Looks SWEET !!!! Speedyizzy, great job, I can wait to see with Lambo doors and the new R hood. Great job. There was a thread last year on a Body shop in Sacramento that had the conversion kit to do that, you might want to take a look for it.

Cheers!!!

Your car turned out looking great. Can't wait to see the car with your future mods. Glad I could help you out with things. $1600
wtf.gif
...hmmm...I need to move to CA so I can get some of these good deals...

Looking good! You guys with body kits have the best hood ornaments! Agree with satan srv, I'd do something else in back other than WW spats.

Yeah...thats melissa...we have been going out since october...she is a sweet heart...no marriage plans..I'm 22 with a lot of living to look forward to.

I want an 02 valence...just as I want a Viper Competition Coupe...can't afford it right now. I'm starting my first "real" job on the 21st...I'll have more money to feed my obsession then. Picking up the WW spats for a great price, I'll use them in the meantime..

Got an OEM red hood, lower bumper cover and oem skirts for sale. As soon as I sell those pieces, I'll re-invest (yes i consider it an investment) into the ride.

Attachments

• melissa2.jpg
    melissa2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 3,047
Very very nice n beautiful !!

Looks like the red paint on the Marga Hills Bumper and the Skirts are different red to body color, isn't it?

speedyizzy said:
grrrr...why do all my pics come out so blurry when i post them here!?!? any pointers?
'

host them on another site so you can post them full size...the attach function probably auto-shrinks

wow... looks super awesome. real clean. here's my 2cents: instead of the WW spats, or even the 02 valance (nothing wrong with it; cuz it looks good), but how about finishing off the rear with a set of the margahills spats. only cuz the rest of the car is rockin' marga hills, i'd think it'd look real complete and clean that way... IMO:)

WOW:eek: Looks GREAT!!! ....oh yeah, the car looks pretty good too:D

seriously, car looks great...I'm not a fan of the updated headlight look, but it looks good with that set up....BTW, can you do the exposed headlights and keep the 91-01 grill/front end???

also, don't tell my wife I said this but, does she have any friends???:D

I'm married, not burried:p (just kidding, wifey)

Many have been asking about the headlights...who, where, how much...

I purchased the headlamp assemblies from Niello Acura in Sacramento. My NSXCA member allowed me to get 30% off parts. The $1550 price included, 2 headlamps, 2 rubber covers, 2 ring seals, 2 plastic hid covers, and 2 halogen bulbs (high beams), 2 sockets (didn't need them), shippment and tax. Aside from that, I manufactured my own brackets and am going to use an aftermarket HID system.

Niello Acura was great..shipped out product next day..very helpful with part inquiries aswell...

Yeah...thats melissa...we have been going out since october...she is a sweet heart...no marriage plans..I'm 22 with a lot of living to look forward to.

If I were you I'd look forward to living life with her, why even bother to see what's out there when you've got her on your arm. :cool:

By the way, sweet job on the car!:D

Back