• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JADKARs CRX project is done after 10 months

OMG!!! I haven't posted on Prime in forever.

Some of you have know that I have been working on a CRX rebuild. I'm the original owner of my 1990 CRX Si. She has been off the road for nine years and last May I decided to completely rebuild her (with no rice :) ) Well after 10 months and a lot of labor she's all done.

Here are the current specs.....

engine / exhaust / fuel / ignition:

JDM B18C-r engine
LHT water - air intercooler
Jackson Racing SC
Endyn stepper pulley
Toda Racing.......
Cam Gears
Timing Belt
Oil pump gear
Supertech valves
ARP head studs
Somco hose kit
Koyo Al radiator
slim-line fans
Hasport EFB2 mount kit
Hasport shift linkage
Hasport axles
LoCash ECU adapter
ACT clutch / hybrid disc
ACT 12 lbs flywheel

Kamikaze supercharger header w/2.5" oultet
Omni test pipe
GReddy SP2 exhaust
AEM Hybrid intake

Hondata S300
Areomotive fuel pressure regulator
RC 440CC injectors
AEM fuel rail
Walbro fuel pump (255)

MSD Digital SCI Plus Ignition
MSD Blaster HVC coil
MSD wires

Suspension:
Progress coil over set-up
Neuspeed front & rear anti-sway bars
Neuspeed Front / Rear / Rear lower chassis bars (polished)
"Full Race" front crossmember/traction bar
Ingals front and rear camber kits
Hyperflex bushing kit
Prothane trailing arm & compensator arm bushings
Skunk extended studs w/ Skunk lugs
Rebuilt OEM rack
Every single suspension component was sandblasted & powder coated

Brakes / wheels / tires:
Fast Brake 11 inch front disc / integra caliper conversion /braided lines
Fast Brake 10.9 rear disc conversion / braided lines
Fast Brake 15/16 master cylinder
ROTA GT-3 15x7.0 Royal Black wheels
BFG T/A KDW-2 205/50/r15 tires

Body Work / Misc:
JDM front conversion w/ EF6 radiator support
SiR rear spoiler
new door skins, sunroof, fuel filler, mouldings, glass, wipers, fender liners, rear bumper beam
strip down to metal repainted RIO red with door mouldings & handles body color
JDM yellow foglights
VIS JDM carbon hood
JDM rear wiper to clear SiR wing
ITR steering wheel
EF8 cluster
KPH - MPH signal converter (make EF8 cluster read MPH up to 180!!!)
Skunk dual bend short throw shifter

Car was tuned by Jeff Evans who is arguably the best Honda Tuner in the country. She dyno'd 269hp & 181ft/lbs with a 8600rpm red line.

IMG_6448.JPG

IMG_6479.JPG

IMG_6490.JPG

IMG_6462.JPG

IMG_6486.JPG

IMG_6467.JPG

IMG_6469.JPG

Quick run with Karen :)

Last edited:
good god, that will be touge monster :biggrin:

That is one badass crx. My honda buddies will love it!
P.S. It really has been a long time, I've missed your avatar. :)

Well done! Nice to see build like that after seeing soo many CRX's gone wrong.

John,
You SUCK!:mad: :biggrin:
I am just soooooo green with envy!
Over the weekend, I was looking at a 1990 black CRX si with 135k miles but I just could not buy another black car.
Congrats!
Steve

Lady Six said:
thats pretty dope

i woulda went with an H series myself, but im biased as hell:wink:

I looked into it.

• Too heavy for my application
  • Too much "sledge hammer" modifictions to the engine compartment to get that big boy in there
  • no chance for A/C (yeah my car is SC'd and has air :) )
  • Hasport didn't have the mounts available when I was sourcing the parts

Take the SC off and join us in Honda Challenge! There is a National event this year.

Glad you go with HASport products. Brian and Keith at HASport are class acts. Their passion for Honda is unsurpassed.

If you thinking of bringing the car to HPDE, pay close attention to those urethane bushing. They seem to wear out fast. At least in my case. Twice it only lasted two weekends.

Andrie Hartanto said:
If you thinking of bringing the car to HPDE, pay close attention to those urethane bushing. They seem to wear out fast. At least in my case. Twice it only lasted two weekends.

Damn...... that's the second time I heard of that. Do you recommend that I switch back to the OEM rubber ones, or just keep replacing them with the urethane bushings??

This car is wicked fast, I'm having to learn how to drive it all over again. The LSD up front gives the car a strange sensation when power is applied exiting a turn.

Unless i missed my guess that CRX is doing 0-60 in 4.5, even with feathering the throttle on the take off. Very nice. I guess going with a CR-Vtec hybrid would've made the torque steer even more outrageous. Great job - - feature car material.

Urethane Bushings

>>pay close attention to those urethane bushing. They seem to wear out fast.

I did not have this problem in my CRX racer. However, Andrie may be a faster driver than me! Good luck, this sounds like a great car.

twizt2 said:
Unless i missed my guess that CRX is doing 0-60 in 4.5, even with feathering the throttle on the take off. Very nice. I guess going with a CR-Vtec hybrid would've made the torque steer even more outrageous. Great job - - feature car material.

I made about 10 passes on a deserted road in the country near my house. I had my video camera rigged up and pointed at my speedometer. I know it's very unscientific, but I watched the video on my computer with a stop watch in hand. I measured starting in first gear 0-60mph in 4.4.-4.9 seconds. When I started from 2nd gear my times were dramatically better, 0-60 was 3.9 - 4.3 seconds. I don't even start from 1st gear anymore even on hills. The car has so much down-low power from the 1.8 and the JRSC that she has no problem pulling 2300lbs (got it weighed 2 weeks ago)

That is one awesome CRX.

It would be awesome without a JRSC. I bet The JRSC makes you go - :eek: :eek: :biggrin: after each launch.

fun car. Are you going to do some DE's in it?

That car is sweet! One of my all time favorite cars. I may get flamed, but I consider buying one and doing a hard core rebuild similar to yours vs. NSX. Not sure what I want yet.

^^

I doubt you will get flamed, most NSXs owners realize the CRX like the NSX was one of Honda's best all time cars..... it's funny how Honda discontinues it's great models.

Anyway, I plan on buying another NSX once my business really starts to pick up steam. I had my NSX & CRX together but the CRX wasn't finished yet, I'm sure now after driving both that my 1998 NSX was no match for the CRX the way it's setup now. I'm actually thinking this car is quicker than a Comptech SC NSX. At roughly 320 crank HP I have a 7.2lbs/hp ratio, my only issue is traction.

If you ever get serious about rebuilding a CRX please IM me. I have extensive information about CRXs and I just about built mine from the ground up.

NSXLuvr - A friend of mine has a 1988 Red CRX DX that he dropped and ITR engine in, so it's basically the same set-up as mine just without the SC and it's super quick. NA the JDM ITR has 200 crank HP so in a little CRX it's over kill. With the intercooled JRSC however, it's just insane. Without getting into street racing stories (I don't support), let's just say I was able to keep up from a rolling start with a CBR600 F4 . From about 25mph to 110 we were neck and neck, I let out after that because it's just plain stupid. I do plan on doing so DEs with this summer with the car, I need to learn how to drive her again. I'm also planning a trip to English Town very shortly.

Thanks guys for all the complements. I sure do miss talking to all my NSX buddies. I haven't been around much because I have started my own forum. It's still in it's infancy, only 3 months old. However, we have tons of really neat user features and we plan on making it a very technical site similar to Honda-Tech but for ALL makes of automobiles. Please, all of you stop by!! We have TONS of younger folks, and although some of them are super bright I'd like to start bringing in more ..... lets say "experienced" members :)

Anyway, please stop in and say hey!! www.tuner-junction.com

Nice CRX! You don't come accross 'em done up right too often. I've been hanging on to mine for years, waiting for a good time to toy with it. Haven't got beyond a B18A swap and some suspension mods. Unfortunately, it keeps taking a back seat to my Integra track car, and the NSX. Yours inspires me though!

postman said:
Nice CRX! You don't come accross 'em done up right too often. I've been hanging on to mine for years, waiting for a good time to toy with it. Haven't got beyond a B18A swap and some suspension mods. Unfortunately, it keeps taking a back seat to my Integra track car, and the NSX. Yours inspires me though!

That's exactly what happened to mine..... back seat to my multiple off-road trucks, 911, then the NSX. Finally after being tucked away since 1996 it was time to rebuild the REX :)

Thanks for the compliments!!

Back