• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jailbreak iPhone 4s.

AT&T has been detecting unauthorized tethering traffic and auto-signing people up for a tethering plan, terminating your unlimited $30/mo plan if you are on one. So beware.

What's that mean? Do they tell you? It's only jailbreaking. Unlocking is different from what I understand so if it's on a legal standpoint I believe jailbreaking is legal while unlocking is illegal?

What's that mean? Do they tell you? It's only jailbreaking. Unlocking is different from what I understand so if it's on a legal standpoint I believe jailbreaking is legal while unlocking is illegal?

No, jailbreaking is legal, but AT&T has rules that prevent you from tethering your computer to your phone without subscribing to their tethering plan. That's why the built in iOS tethering is disabled until you subscribe to their plan.

However, people seem to have made efforts to avoid detection, as this article talks about:

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-att-t...ilbroken-iphone-and-how-to-hide-it-from-them/

To jailbreak my phone? I followed some Absinthe Link and it took about 10 minutes total.

To view everything on my screen? I originally bought a video cable from apple. The one that plugs into your iphone and goes to 3 rca's "white, yellow, and red" if I remember.

I then downloaded a program called tvOutTuner. There may be different versions but I forget. This program lets you view everything that you're doing on your iphone on any screen when it's hooked up. It also allows you to lock in certain views like landscape or portrait and you can center the screen as well.

It's awesome.

what's the current adaptor, what is the screen, whats the hookup to the system? what is the system?

Why did you jailbreak? a simple apple adaptor gives you the mirroring function via HDMI. you jailbroke to use some analog adaptor?

what I am looking for is a program that senses your finger and creates a curser on the mirrored display. That way you can use your iphone/ipad as the "mouse pad" and never look down. Right now mirroring makes no sense in many applications because you have to look to the phone to make a change. If I could "see" where my finger is relatively, that would be fantastic... but my searches have come up empty.

what's the current adaptor, what is the screen, whats the hookup to the system? what is the system?

Why did you jailbreak? a simple apple adaptor gives you the mirroring function via HDMI. you jailbroke to use some analog adaptor?

The screen is
http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/tme-s370/

The cable is
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC748ZM/A

And that's it.

I posted a link earlier in the threads to another forum and the member explained about mirroring and the usage of just using a HDMI cable for mirroring that the 4S has already in. I already bought the cable I have. To use the HDMI cable I'd have to spend about $40 on it AND buy this http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Composit...DBP0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338516886&sr=8-2 since the alpine system only accepts those RCA cables for inputs, along with some alpine nav plug that I'm not using at the moment.

But basically yes, I jailbroke my phone because I didn't want to spend another $80 on 2 more items. If I ever go on long drives again and my passenger gets bored they can watch movies, play games, and do whatever now. I can buy a good GPS too and it'll work no problem on the screen so now it acts like a double din headunit.

what I am looking for is a program that senses your finger and creates a curser on the mirrored display. That way you can use your iphone/ipad as the "mouse pad" and never look down. Right now mirroring makes no sense in many applications because you have to look to the phone to make a change. If I could "see" where my finger is relatively, that would be fantastic... but my searches have come up empty.

Yeah I don't think they have a program like that out now. I know what you're talking about. Half the applications are fine and the other half you need to constantly look down on your keyboard. I'm sure one will come out eventually.

yeah but realistically you are not even getting 480 lines of resolution. can you tell the picture is not nearly as clear as your phone?

What I want is a display with an HDMI input in a small size, not sure if anyone makes such a thing.

Anyway good to know mirroring can be done via analog if you JB.

Yeah I don't think they have a program like that out now. I know what you're talking about. Half the applications are fine and the other half you need to constantly look down on your keyboard. I'm sure one will come out eventually.

If you see one please let me know.

yeah but realistically you are not even getting 480 lines of resolution. can you tell the picture is not nearly as clear as your phone?

What I want is a display with an HDMI input in a small size, not sure if anyone makes such a thing.

Anyway good to know mirroring can be done via analog if you JB.

I have no idea what 480 lines of resolution are but I'm guessing it's what the 4S has? The picture isn't real clear but it's damn near good. My last post in my build thread here is a picture of the mirroring quality. The picture was taken from my phone so at the time of the shot it was showing what I was viewing on my phone on the screen so you can see how clear it really is.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153409&page=3

If you're looking to display via a HDMI cable to a car screen then I'm not sure if there are any screens that accept a HDMI cable. But the best bet would be that convertor from the link above.

If you see one please let me know.

I'll let ya know though if I see anything like this.

The 4S actually outputs 1080 video out, but with an analog composite cable like you are using you are probably getting 350. On a small screen its less a big deal. That image you posted looks pretty good but definitely not using the phone's full capability. You cant with that alpine screen anyway.

Back