• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jammed coilover perch

Have the Tein RA, and one of the perch adjust nuts is jammed on the shock body. It screwed down just fine last week, but when I tried to go back up it jammed. Perhaps grit or track rubber or something stuck in the threads, now it won't budge up or down.

Removed it from the car, disassembled the strut so all thats left is the perch nut, lock nut and shock body. Sprayed liquid wrench and lithium grease in the threads and let sit overnight. Lock nut works just fine as always, perch nut is just plain stuck. Even with a big wrench and body clamped in a vise it won't move.

Where to I get another perch nut after I cut this one apart?

Tein can fix that. It's actually listed somewhere on their website I believe. Apparently it happens enough that they have a specific rate for that.

If you still have the installation manual for the Tein's, they usually list all the replacement parts and part numbers on the back pages.

Last edited:
i've fixed this numerous times you need to put the shock in a vise with soft jaws then you should find that the perch will be more likely to move in one direction, so soak it down and all the nearby threads then use a flat punc and a big hammer to move the threads once it moves yo can clean the threads and go backwards, after this you can use a few coats of dry graphite

ps. i've even done this on the car

Back