• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Japanese Spec Navpod Screen

Anybody know what the Japanese version of the NSX had as stock for the Honda Navigation System inside of the Navpod.

Nothing's better than what the pod was designed to work with... i think.

Looking at doing a Navpod install that's as clean as possible. Would prefer to have a screen that goes from end to end so it doesn't look like a seperate unit INSIDE of the navpod.

I've searched and haven't found anything that pointed me in the right direction.

The factory nav system was a fairly old CD based system that was available for the Japanese market only. The display in the pod was a smaller unit, I think 5.6" - it did not have a separate input and I don't think it was available separately.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Well, that answers that. Sounds like the factory system wasn't too clean looking either.

So... anybody have a suggestion on a touchscreen that can fill the entire openning of the pod to provide nav (at a minimum)?

There may be others available, however, the Alpine NVE-N872A is the only remote mount navigation processor that I am aware of that works with a stand alone touch screen.

For the audio input into the factory stereo, you may wish to consider using the USA Spec iPod adaptor. It has RCA inputs in addition to the iPod interface.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/USASpec/

Cheers,
-- Chris

Exactly what I had in mind regarding the input through the USA Spec adaptor. In fact, I have one in place, but noticed that you have a new one that can output the iphone's phone conversations through the stereo. Mine won't do that. Do I need a different cable or the whole control box? Also, where does it take the microphone for the conversation?

As for the Alpine, is that the setup you sell at SoS?

Exactly what I had in mind regarding the input through the USA Spec adaptor. In fact, I have one in place, but noticed that you have a new one that can output the iphone's phone conversations through the stereo. Mine won't do that. Do I need a different cable or the whole control box? Also, where does it take the microphone for the conversation?

As for the Alpine, is that the setup you sell at SoS?

I've got an Alpine TME-M740BT monitor (bluetooth, touch screen, navigation hook up, etc) and it almost fills the nav pod completely. I can take pictures of it this weekend if you'd like, but you might find some if you search on here.

Here's a picture of mine with the Alpine TME-M740BT.

IMG_0581-1.jpg

Looks great. Fills the space very nicely. What mounting hardware is out there for this screen, or do you have to make your own?

prime member "autovation" had a custom mount made for the M740BT monitor. If you are considering purchasing this monitor you'll want to contact him to see if he can make them again.

Take a look at the Kenwood KOS-V1000 or 500. They both work with dedicated touch screens and are expandable(Iphone/Ipod/Nav/TV/Bluetooth). They also can use the stock stereo.

Does anyone happen to know if a regular double din nav unit will fit into that pod? Like something of an AVIC class head unit?

Yes it will fit but with modifications. The back angle of the pod does not allow a DD unit to fit so that would have to be addressed during installation.

Looks great. Fills the space very nicely. What mounting hardware is out there for this screen, or do you have to make your own?

prime member "autovation" had a custom mount made for the M740BT monitor. If you are considering purchasing this monitor you'll want to contact him to see if he can make them again.

I actually HAVE ONE! I was going to do this exact thing. Nav Pod with the M740B T monitor. I had the nav pod and the mounting bracket from autovation, then before I purchased the monitor I changed my mind about having the pod in my car. So I still have the bracket if anyone is interested. Brand new in the box.

I took the 8.0 inch screen outta 2005 TL and it fills the screen up perfectly,, wasnt that hard to custom fit though,, I have a pic of in my profile

Back