• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Japanese Translation help on my 1966 Honda S600 Restoration

I thought I would try to see if anyone could help me with a possible translation. I am in the process of restoring my 1966 Honda S600 and during disassemly I found what appears to be japanese writing under the windscreen, not sure what it says or means but I thought I would querry prime to see if anyone could help me out.

IMG_0426cr.jpg

Here is a link to a thread a started on our restoration if interested:

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17078

Our long term goal is to have our little honda family to be our S600 with our S2000CR and then add a NSX 2.0 to our 04 NSX :) Thanks!

Nik

When purchased:
IMG_0607cr.jpg

Current pic:
IMG_0424cr.jpg

"Right door Change"...

according to my Japanese GF.

That is a beautiful car. I'm a big fan of the early Hondas. Not too many in the northeast. You folks out west sure are lucky.

I'm thinking they changed the right door or it needed to be changed...:confused:

Anyways, nice car.

I'm not sure too, the car has had work done on it before but the windscreen appears to have never been removed since built in 1966, the original white was in perfect condition and there was no signs of it being removed, also the doors appear to show no signs of being removed after leaving the factory, so I think it must have been something during the factory build in 1966, which could mean anything but it is cool to think a japanese honda worker wrote that 45+ years ago :eek:

Last edited:
Back