• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jeremy Clarkson's opinion on new NSX

Just wondering how right is Jeremy Clarkson's opinion!

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/clarkson/clarkson-review-2017-honda-nsx/

"As a car for petrolheads, then, this is no match for its rivals from McLaren, Lamborghini and Ferrari. And then things get worse.
The sun visors are the size of stamps and feel as though they’ve been lifted from a Soviet bread van, the horn sounds as if it’s from a Toys R Us pedal car and the sat nav is woeful.
I suspect it’s the same unit you get in a Honda Jazz or Civic"

I am a big fan of Top Gear and Jeremy Clarkson for its sincere comments, but I love the nsx, what a dilema :)
What do you think?

If you like the car then you like the car, no matter what JC or any other yahoo thinks, or any colorful languages that they use to describe the car.

IF those are the only weaknesses he could find with the car I can live wth that. I love mine and it's my daily driver.

IF those are the only weaknesses he could find with the car I can live wth that. I love mine and it's my daily driver.

Yeah JC is entertaining to watch and Im enjoying the Grand Tour (Mostly) but if those are the his worst gripes....yeah not bad. Sun visors? Just use Sunglasses. Poor Sat nav? Everyone should be running Waze on their phone anyhow. Horn? Meh Oh well! I honestly think a Mclaren 570s or GT is the closest competitor right now and true it might have the fancy badge and dihedral doors but I also dont think it would make as good of a daily driver nor be nearly as affordable to daily, especially if you dont live near a McLaren dealer.

I read the article, he literally complains that its slow to accelerate in quiet/save mode.... um well yeah thats what that mode is for... and that "you wont have it in sport because its too noisy..." ? riiiight everyone hates the noise out of their sports car... He missed the mark this time for sure.

Take it as him just being himself. A silly nanny car nut. That’s his character.

I love that you no longer drive a Ford Focus.:wink:

When I was in college, I took a Summer job as a Counselor at a Music Camp.

These were Middle school and High school kids, some of them away from home for the first time.

One of my responsibilities there was being the dining hall Supervisor.

One thing that experience taught me was that as good as those kids were, they were going to complain about something.

I figured out pretty quickly that if they were only complaining about the food, then everything really was going quite well.

Jeremy Clarkston strikes me as that kind of 'kid', someone who always has to complain about something.

Maybe that's just who he is, maybe that's just part of his schtick.....but either way if he's griping about the horn or the sun visors, the car must darned well be superb!

Know what I mean? ;^D

Brian

I cant say, as I haven't driven or seen the new NSX in person. However, he is right, touchscreens are terrible in cars. Aside from being hard to use they are a distraction from paying attention to the road. He has been spot on in his opinion about other cars I have owned. I havent seen his write up on the gen 1 NSX. I will look for it.

He can't drive, let alone race a car. Only Richard has any skills, but barely. The shows Clarkston has put together over the years can be funny, but that is it. Grand Tour is rather flat, I must add.

At the end of the day, I could care less if he likes it or not. I’m more impressed it with right with the aventador in the drag race in grand tour.

I enjoy clarkson’s commentary because it’s entertaining and exaggerated. But the cars he loves I often find to be so so and vice versa. Reviews have their place if I don’t own a car or driven it briefly. Once I own the car my review is the only one that matters. So I echo the sentiment that if you love the car that’s all that matters.

Back