• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jgtc Nsx

Yes, I dont thought too, that Markus could be a driver, because they wrote in an earlier report, that the driver must have a maximum height of 180 cm and from last year I know that Markus is about 195 cm or so. ....but very sporty.
That will be fun to see him fold together behind the steering wheel :)

This info is directly from the team, dated yesterday.
The NSX-R has installed some cf race parts (airbox, diffusor, steering wheel hub, etc.) from me.
In sport-auto magazine 07/2003 page 115, I'm the guy just at the right of the group photo beside Georg.

I guess that's due to the relatively long time between editor's deadline and publishing date - that can be up to two weeks at sport auto - with some exceptions for actual events. Maybe the drivers decision was made after the deadline.

BTW: Markus Oestreich drives a truck at the sport auto drift challenge in may. Good practice before driving the X:D

NSX-Racer said:
BTW: Markus Oestreich drives a truck at the sport auto drift challenge in may. Good practice before driving the X:D
So you are not impressed with the NSX's handling then?:D
Now there's a career that's gone strangly wrong. Oestreich is very fast around the Nordschleife in particular, and was really quite good in touring cars in the '80s and into the '90s (winner Spa 24hrs 1990), and then it all kind of fell apart.

The JGTC NSX will run his 1th race this weekend at the BF Goodrich Championship at Nürburgring/Nordschleife.

Free Practice: 30.04.2004 16.00-18.00
Qualifiing: 01.05.2004 8.30- 10.00
Race: 01.05.2004 12.00 - 16.00

I'll keep u informed about the results.

See also www.vln.de (official championship page) for results and images; the race happens on Saturday so they should have some pictures online by Sunday morning.

This is great news; I can't wait to see how the car will do.

yes.....thats true.
Hope that the NSX is there like planed and like GS informed me 2 days before.

AFAIK last days the JGTC NSX got a new exhaust system (HJS) which is reqiered from the VLN reglement.

Hope that this work is done just in time and that we will see
and hear that car today. But thats not sure for 100 %.

Because I dont have computer at the track, its not possible for me to give news about that friday afternoon.

Surely I know a lot more after that weekend.

So how did it run? - It didn't. Some screw-up with the paperwork, apparently. Rules are rules.
Disappointing.

But it did run in the untimed test on Friday:

IMG3004040216.JPG

IMG3004040119.JPG

Last edited:
So all this prep and they realized the paperwork was wrong the same week as the event??? That is horrible. Someone needs to be severely sacked over this.:(

Luckily, this wasn't THE event yet, only AN event. There will be other opportunities to test the car on the 'Ring (well there weill have to be).

Bild%20120a.jpg

Bild%2014s1.jpg

Last edited:
There is another write-up on the JGTC-car in the German Sportauto magazine from the May-issue.

Some details about the car:
Engine:
3412 cm3, compression 12:1, max. 420HP at 7800 rpm, max. 400Nm torque at 6800 rpm.
Sequential six-speed gearbox from Hewland with mechanical sper-differential.
Double wishbone-suspension, KW-racing dampers with pushrods.
Aclon six-pots calibers all around. Ventilated discs, front 380mm (14.96"), rear 360mm (14.2").
Front wheels 12" wide BBS with 305/650/18 tires
Rear wheels 13" wide BBS with 330/710/18 tires
Car-measurements are 4407x1910x1080mm
Tankvolume: 120 liters
Empty weight: 1200 Kg (2646 lbs)
Performance: 0-100 kph in 3.2 seconds, Topseed 265 kph (165 mph)

According to the article still a lot of things have to be done since the 24hour race is an entirely different race than the JGTC-races.
But they are very enthousiastic about the car. The car has sensational balance. The car can be braked lated into the turn. The claim 50% of the braking is done with the rear-brakes.

A report

Last friday, I have had the chance to see and hear that car in reality.
I was guest at pit No 15, in which only HONDA’s were parked.
2x S2000, 1x CTR and the JGTC NSX.

I meet Georg (GS team manager), Horst (sport-auto magazine chief editor) and Armin Hahne (NSX LM race driver)
the only pilote for that test day.

This white flounder looks so amazing and the sound of this race car is awesome.
The Hewland gearbox sang a nice song too, a fantastic composition.
Even the roll out through the pit lane was an eye and ear catcher, the most people around were focused.
I dont have expected that, because middle of last week, the car got a huge sized muffler and 2 unusual looking tips.

The dampers were still the japanese units, (brand ??) but in the evening an engineer from KW suspension was in the pits too.
For the next test and race in 2 weeks, its quite sure that a new suspension will be installed.
But the japanese version worked very well too, I dont wonder !, and so I dont know exactly the reasons for this replacement.

It was nice to see how the engineers fixed some tape around the springcoils to see if the springs will touch on block somewhere and with the cablefixer at the damper piston rods they could test the maximum dipping. Nice ideas to do suspension setup.

The Dunlop (D7) tires they got from Holland (not available in Germany) and it seems that this is the only tire and compound, which is available for that car. A hard compound which is into the upper 1/3 range.
That could be problematical at night, if the temperatures are going down. Maybe they will get a softer compound from somewhere.
After 7 laps at the northern loop with sunny weather, the tires looked like new with small regular wear out.

Armin Hahne told after that test about too much downforce. ??
The most corners he could take into 4th or 5th gear and after short time he reached topspeed (260km/h) at the 6th. Into the corners it was the fastest car, I wonder ? ;)

Honda has ordered another JGTC rear wing from japan with more high speed profile for the next test/race (14/15 May)

If my informations are right, the NSX couldnt start the race, because the officials are missing a new FIA stamp in the papers
for the rollcage.
Funny to see all that other cars with standard rollcages have the permission to race and the JGTC championship winner from 2002 with additional Dome side impact protection system is missing a stamp.
:D

Thanks very much for the updates Detlef.
Am seriously thinking about coming over to the Ring the 24hour race. Even as a normal spectator this car would be a sight to see for any NSX-afficionado :)

I certainly can't wait.

What do you think, does it realistically stand a chance against the BMWs and Opels and Audis?

If the car dont will get too big problems or a final defect, its quite sure that the NSX will be good enough for a top 5 position.
Also the team and the drivers are very good.
I remember that last year all leading cars got problems during the 24h race and needed to change some parts like servopump, gearbox etc.

I dont believe (but I wish) that the NSX could reach the average lap speed of the BMW's V8 from Schnitzer, but lets wait for the next test and race, if we will have some laptimes and we can do a comparsion.

At the GP circuit, its surely the fastest car. ;)
The Nordschleife has his own laws, so nothing is sure.
And also much luck is requested.

How many NSXers will be at the Ring on 12/13 June to cheer the car on? (and the other NSXs, some of which will be in desperate need of cheering)

j14nsx said:
Can this car even be called an NSX?:)

There is not much of an NSX left to it is there.
It is more of an NSX than the current JGTC cars. :)

A road car frame, the right engine in the right position, yes I think it still deserves to be called an NSX. Just as a Porsche 935 is still a 930, and a Prodrive F550 is still an F550 even though underneath the bodywork things have changed drastically.

Any idea as to who will be driving on Saturday?

Back