• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jgtc Nsx

Just read in a german car mag that the "sport auto" JGTC NSX will be one of the 6 cars with onboard cameras (plus 30 track cameras and some heli-cams) that will be transmitted live on DSF TV (with the means of WIGE media).

We all hope that the car can deliver pictures 'til the end of the race...

It was not a good day for the NSX - it did not complete a single lap, only toured around the Grand Prix track a couple of times before retiring with gearbox trouble (?).

Some images are here.

Update 16.05.2004

JGTC NSX had big problems with the Hewland gearbox. ( as reported earlier)
1 of some oil lines leaked too, so the car parked a lot.
3 short laps in free practice and 1 short lap in qualifying.
Car have to start race from the pit line, but the engine don’t wanna start up. A problem with the power supply..
After 30 minutes the NSX starts, but the gearbox leaked after some minutes again.
The car did 1 short lap at the GP circuit and stopped again.
A desastrous weekend and a lot of work for the next weeks.

The sport-auto NSX-R tested a new suspension (KW), new brake components and a new engine oil cooling system which let run the motor with 115°C.
Each driver came in after 2 laps.
Tests under race condition are the best tests, but the car finished at the pits.
The rallye driver made some suspension and brake fine adjustment, so the NSX-R gots better and better.

The NSX-R drivers for the 24h race are:
Horst v. Saurma-Jeltsch (Journalist)
Peter Paul Pietsch (Journalist)
Jochen Übler (Journalist
Uwe Nittel (Rallye Driver)

Update: Surprise for me at Spa on monday. I was not the only NSX at the free training of Pistenclub. The other was the JGTC-NSX. They made a 5/6 lap shakedown test there in my run group to check if the tranny problem is solved. They know now that the failure was caused by some kind of seal between tranny and driveshaft that flew away - no problem with the tranny itself which is now capable of nearly 280 km/h max speed at redline.

You may guess my feelings when the car was in my rear view mirror and some seconds later ahead of me after Eau Rouge. You will read and see tthis and some more surprises on my website as soon as I have time.

Nice writen story.
Vanina is a nice and fast girl, you re right.
What a wonderful monday, a pity that I have to work and couldnt be there too. SPA-Francorchamps is so amazing, still at spectator's view. I'm looking forward to this years NSX-Days.
2.52 minutes are a great lap time with a standard engine, because you need power and nothing as power there.

Lets produce the Type R hood, I have 2 different ideas for that.
If my actual cf engine vent project is finished, it will be the next thing to do.
Also a special front lip with 60 cm closed underbody construction for much downforce in combination with some flaps should be available until next season.

But first I wanna see your construction.
Please post some pictures if you did it.
With the huge lip and the flaps from the JGTC NSX, you will drive backwards ;)
But we need that engine.
What you thing about the sound and the speed of the JGTC NSX ?

Believe it or not: my car is so loud inside (although it isn't outside) that I didn't hear much of the other car when it passed me. As we where in the same run group and Georg just drove some laps in 1st stint and then packed the car away I didn't have the chance to hear it at the pits. As for the speed I also can't say much because it was just a shakedown test with transport tires but he's been already too fast for me so I saw the car only once on the track.

You see my 1st flap construction at this pic - you will never see that again on my car. I don't think the JGTC flap construction will make me driving more backwards than my own construction did.

Attachments

• flap.jpg
    flap.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 471
Somewhere I've seen that part before, but only the half of the size or?:D

Seems placed very steep to me.

I would start with a 85mm front lip. If the result is not good enough, I would try to get the canards.

With the sport-auto NSX-R they did the same and it works fine.(No flaps)

A black painted wooden plate do that job too.
I'm wondering how much racing teams are using this system.
Come to the Ring and wonder.
Contact me for pix.

Great Pictures:D:D:D

You guys realize we are living through your words and pictures here in the states. Keep up the great work!!

The problem is fixed

The team could fix the problems with the Hewland gearbox.

2 little springs in the gearbox, which are placed behind the gaskets and support these to seal up to the driftshafts and hold them into the right position, dont have had enough bias.

Yestersday test drive was successfull, the car is into a good
condition. 95 % of capacity are reached.

More spare parts for the Hewland gearbox will arrive in 2 weeks.
I heard that another JGTC NSX (as parts wearer) is on the way to germany.
What an effort ;)

More news.

After installation of the newest RECARO racing seat and some test drives, Armin Hahne wants that the 'old' japanese' racing seat has to be reinstalled.
Not all whats new is better ;)

The best laptime at test was 7.20 minutes for the Loop, for the GP circuit (they dont drive at the test) they need about 1.40-1.50 minutes.
9 minutes overall for a lap is 40 secondes slower than the BMW M3 GTR from BMW Motorsport GmbH did into the last race with H.J. Stuck and Boris Said. I think there are 20 cars
which are able to do that laptime.

Only reliabilty will put the X into a good position, but who knows this. I know that other teams do a 24h simulation at another tracks, but during the first lap, both cars collapsed.
Give me some hope.

All NSX test drives are done, because there are 2 more big events during the next 3 weeks, until the 24h race will start
-Rock am Ring (Pop concert)
-Formula 1 GP

The men from garbage collection will have a lot of work :)

Just read in "sport auto" that they didn't use the front side laps (you know, these 2 things at each sides I will copy for my car) at the 1st Nurburgring test to check the mechanical grip (you see that also on the pics by Procar Specials here ). Instantly Armin Hahne claimed that he had too much understeer. Then they mounted the flaps and the aerodynamic balance was okay again.

Gives me hope for my own flap project.

BTW: sport auto will have 4 Hondas in that 24 h race. The JGTC, a slightly modified NSX-R from last year with 3 journalists and a pro driver, a race S 2000 with 4 female drivers and a CTR with 4 youngsters.

I bet that the latter 3 will have better chances to come through the long distance than the JGTC NSX (which is not only my opinion but I won't tell you which expert did say that too to me).

Yes. I heard that too.

The morst unhappy thing is.
The DTM cars, BMW's and the Porsche's can change the geargoxes without removing the engine.

If I remember right, BMW did that job last year in about 30 minutes.

For changing the NSX gearbox, the engine must be removed too.
But I'll ask again.

hi,

Robin L. has told us that he did not drive the NSX in the latest Ring test, so of the four drivers, only Hahne has so far driven the car. They are pros and will be able to acquaint themselves with the car as they go along, and I have confidence in the GS team; but they are cutting it awfully fine.

I'll be there to report for dailysportscar.com so perhaps we'll meet.

cybersdorf: Maybe you can provide me a link to your reports that I can use on my site. OTOH you're highly welcome to install a link to my site on your pages.

BTW: I've made the page with Detlefs pics a bit more user-friendly. See here ;)

cybersdorf: A big hand for your outstanding help - I implemented the pics and stories here .

Of course I created various links to your site. If there's anything new I can use too please tell me.

Another problem could be fixed
During the last test session at the ring, the engine dont start for the race. (Starter problems)
Bigger batteries outside the car dont fixed that problem.

Reason for that is the low quality gasoline at the Nürburgring.
The NSX-MOTEC electronic setup was adjusted for 100 octane gasoline, the gasoline there dont reach 98 octane.

A barrel with 100 liters of this gasoline was shipped to HONDA R&D Japan for analyzing.
Now the Motec electronic can be adjusted especially for that reason.

Cybersdorf,

Thanks for the link and user-ID. Very imformative piece of reading.

Honda
Which brings us to another aging supercar with a chequered history on the 'Ring: still renowned for its excellent suspension and handling, as well as its revvy V-TEC engine, the Honda NSX is experiencing an unexpected comeback of sorts.

I especially like what they say about the NSX. Nice to know that on the track, people still take the car serious.

Back