• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JH4NA1153PT000424 in the FS Section - Lies?

I decided to restore the thread with an edit in the event the seller (a dealer who did not identify himself as such) tries to sell anything else here so that the true history of the car is preserved for future reference in case anyone googles the vin. Judge for yourselves if you believe this dealer is being honest when he describes this damage as being a "tap in rear" on a car that was never tracked......

117_1726sm.jpg

The dealer, AutoKennel, claims this damage was "less than $1000":

http://www.autokennel.com/AutoKennel/old_current_tenants/Entries/2013/1/31_1993_Acura_NSX_Coupe.html

"The condition of the car is incredible. It looks more like half the miles. The paint looks great with no major signs of damage or misuse. The front rubber spoiler has some scuffing on it, but pretty normal considering the height. The car was lightly tapped on the left rear, but there is no report of accident damage from Carfax or AutoCheck. The repair was less than $1,000."

- - - Updated - - -

After posting a question in the ebay listing and also pointing out the damage on the seller's facebook page, I received the following email:

"Thank you for pointing that out. I'm revising the advertisement. I'm helping a good friend sell the car and he had absolutely no idea that this all happened. He's owned it for the last 5 years and knew of previous damage and his mechanic told him it didn't take much to tweek things with these cars. I've sent him links to the NSX prime details. I appreciate that. I appologize for any misrepresentation. Cheers,paul"

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. the only thing that still bothers me is that the dealer has blocked me from posting on his facebook page now that I pointed out the errors in the ad. While I appreciate him now disclosing this accident, his decision to block me would seem to be a tad inconsistent with his decision to post the new disclosure of the car's history

Last edited:
slimey fellow,he's probably so happy you called him on the damage:rolleyes:

Roger then posted on his facebook page asking about the prior damage photos that had been posted (by me) and his comment was deleted and he has also now been blocked from posting on that page.

the updated information on ebay seems to more accurately describe the car:

"The car was damaged on the left rear at a track day at Road America in 2005, but there is no report of accident damage from Carfax or AutoCheck. The owner’s current mechanic inspected the damage and found that everything was safely repaired and it had no effect on the performance or handing. He did notice that the whole car was repainted. The paint is decent with some minor chips. Due to the delicate nature of the aluminum frame, the trunk was replaced and there was welding on the frame where the damaged section was replaced"

Seems like the dealer is now doing a decent job of describing the car, so I don't see a big reason to witch hunt that much. Very happy to see accurate information in place for a future buyer. At a list price of $25k, not really that manipulative either.

This is a GREAT reminder though not to simply rely on carfax

Not really a witch hunt now. But I do find it hard to believe that the dealer knew the trunk was replaced and the frame welded and yet described it as "lightly tapped" in original listings. He obviously is not happy to have it pointed out since he has blocked me and roger from commenting on his Facebook page.

- - - Updated - - -

the updated information on ebay seems to more accurately describe the car:

"The car was damaged on the left rear at a track day at Road America in 2005, but there is no report of accident damage from Carfax or AutoCheck. The owner’s current mechanic inspected the damage and found that everything was safely repaired and it had no effect on the performance or handing. He did notice that the whole car was repainted. The paint is decent with some minor chips. Due to the delicate nature of the aluminum frame, the trunk was replaced and there was welding on the frame where the damaged section was replaced"

Seems like the dealer is now doing a decent job of describing the car, so I don't see a big reason to witch hunt that much. Very happy to see accurate information in place for a future buyer. At a list price of $25k, not really that manipulative either.

This is a GREAT reminder though not to simply rely on carfax

This is strange. I saw he changed his listing After he emailed me but when I look now at the eBay listing the ad still omits the road America incident. Is this an iPhone glitch?

My post was deleted almost "instantly", kind of comical. Yes he's disclosing the accident, but kind of funny saying in one place the car was never tracked, and then disclosing in another that it was damaged at a "track day at Road America in 2005", so if it was never "tracked"..............
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.............................

would that be a uniduck or a duckicorn?

This is clearly another case of an unethical dealer - SHOCKING! Kudos to our moderator for being so observant.

I have exchanged a couple of other notes with him through ebay and at least he has made the corrections I have suggested in the ebay listing and on the website so if nothing else potential buyers can now make an informed decision.

I have exchanged a couple of other notes with him through ebay and at least he has made the corrections I have suggested in the ebay listing and on the website so if nothing else potential buyers can now make an informed decision.

Bob,

Well Done!!!! :)

Back