• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jim Hall Karting - Day 2 - June 24, 2006

Choose the day which works best for you.

• Total voters
UPDATE!!!

An upcoming racer (female: her name is confidential) is joining us on Saturday. Her sponser is non other than Danica Patrick! Not sure if she will be there to watch, since JH won't confirm or deny she is coming. Could we all bring our NSX's just in case Danica shows up? She is somewhat of a celebrity, no? :cool:

dp11.jpg

Last edited:
I live in North Park Square (Culver & Bryan), Irvine.

can you PM me your address again? What time?

ANYTIME said:
UPDATE!!!

An upcoming racer (female: her name is confidential) is joining us on Saturday. Her sponser is non other than Danica Patrick! Not sure if she will be there to watch, since JH won't confirm or deny she is coming. Could we all bring our NSX's just in case Danica shows up? She is somewhat of a celebrity, no? :cool:

dp11.jpg
So were going to get our a$$e$ stomped!!

Since we didn't fill the 12 spots are they filling in with other people other than this unnamed girl?

NSXTC said:
If she knows how to drive and she is lighter than us (which she likely is) then yes, we will get our a$$e$ stomped!
sm93.gif
What are you talking about Mark - you're a "Hot Shoe"!!! You can kick any/all of our @$$e$ too. Maybe she'll give you some competition :eek:!!

ss_md said:
What are you talking about Mark - you're a "Hot Shoe"!!! You can kick any/all of our @$$e$ too. Maybe she'll give you some competition :eek:!!
Hey scott...I really have to think that she will beat me and probably most of the rest of us :cool:

Jim Hall does not ballast the karts to make everyone weigh the same like "real" racing. Im guessing the karts weigh about 225 lbs or so (I could be way off). Let's say the girl racer weighs 120 lbs (total guess). She and the kart would weigh 345 total. Now, take a bigger guy (like maybe yours truly) 230lbs + 225 lbs kart = 455 lbs total. What's that almost a 30% weight difference??? That would be like 2 NSX's racing each other on the track, only one is carying almost an extra 1,000 lbs! :eek:

Heck, it will still be a lot of fun!

Update for everyone attending.

Lunchtime: Costco is just up the street, so I'll run and grab some of their horrible pizzas :biggrin:

Dinner:
Japanese Sushi- Ozeki Sushi in Camarillo. 10 miles and 14 mins away.

Or, we can go to Chinese food at Peking Inn, which is about 5 miles away.

Or, we can get some Thai food at Charn Thai, which is about 5 miles away.

Mark, thanks for the links.

Thanks John for organizing and to Tina for the lunch delivery. Thanks to Craig for drinks and snacks and thanks to Scott for roundtrip driving from Irvine.

The final race was a blast to watch especially the first group duking it out! :eek:

I was glad to have improved my times through the day especially after learning the trail braking technique in the 3 braking areas.

A great day, a ton of fun! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Boy was I tired, but a good tired. :smile:

Man, I'm ambarrass to admit that I lost it on turn one and then plow the field on turn 4 all before I even finish the first lap. But I've definitely learned something about racing yesterday.

It is always nice to be surrounded by friends. Thank you John for organizing this event and Craig for the water and Gatorade!

Scott, thanks for driving!

Frank, sorry to have caused you to slow down on turn 1!:redface:

I have to find out more about karting in the future. I really can't see tracking my NSX in the long run. :smile:

Great Fun, Thanks again John, for organizing a great event. Event organizing should be your next business! That is, if you don't start your own karting school :wink:

And John, With the smokin times you were posting,:cool: you should seriously consider tracking your car once in a while. I bet you could organize some really great track events too!!

Thanks again for putting a great event together John. I am with Craig on you getting your car out to the track. Scott and Ed, thanks for the camera picture taking lesson. Here are the results.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

CDub said:
Man, I'm ambarrass to admit that I lost it on turn one and then plow the field on turn 4 all before I even finish the first lap. But I've definitely learned something about racing yesterday.

It is always nice to be surrounded by friends. Thank you John for organizing this event and Craig for the water and Gatorade!

Scott, thanks for driving!

Frank, sorry to have caused you to slow down on turn 1!:redface:

I have to find out more about karting in the future. I really can't see tracking my NSX in the long run. :smile:
Hey Chris - no worries. It was fun!!

Thanks to everyone who showed up. The event was tiring but very fun.

Great to meet you Craig & Mark.

I drove 2000 miles in the last few days so it's good to be relaxing at work instead now. :)

NsXMas said:
...I drove 2000 miles in the last few days so it's good to be relaxing at work instead now. :)

Glad you made it back OK! We were concerned about all that driving and karting with no sleep! I think I am still sore from that race!!! :biggrin:

Si, those are some nice pics. My Canon S2 will never be able to match that kind of quality.:cool:

Frank, we were all worried about you during dinner time. 2k miles in 2 days are just unreal, not to mention man-handling the kart all day after 500 miles of driving. It is good to be young. :wink:

Marc, are you sure you are not just sore from losing to an over aggressive rookie racer that t-boned you? :tongue:

We are going to pay K1 in Irvine a visit soon. May be we can do some indoor karting in the near future. :smile:

Back