• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jim Russell at Hopkins Acura in Redwood City, CA

I have recommended Jim Russell at Hopkins Acura in Redwood City, CA on this forum in the past, and I am writing again to reiterate my recommendation of using him for service.

I just brought in my NSX to him for a noise in the window and he found it was hitting some wiring which he remounted. He also greased the track. I was worried I would have to get a new regulator, but rather than just put in new parts that weren't needed, he figured out what was wrong and avoided any new parts (except a screw, which he didn't charge me for). I also think I should have paid him more for the labor of opening the door panel than he charged me. They then hand-washed the car and had it available for me to pick up from sales Sunday since I was on a business trip during the week.

I remain absolutely thrilled with the work Jim does on my NSX, both in quality and in fairness on price, and am really glad I found him. I cannot recommend his shop more highly. Now if I could just get the parts department to offer a Neillo-like club member discount... :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation Chip. I have to bring mine in to have the widows adjusted for high-speed leaks.

BTW, Mike Harvey in Burlingame does offer a NSX Club discount on parts!

Update: Sadly, Jim Russell has left Hopkins Acura, and will now be working on Jaguars and other British cars in San Jose. :frown:

Back