• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Joel/Calvin/Mike Expo II

Anyone up for a drive while we have a break in the weather? Sat seems our chance and we could meet at Crystal Cove in the AM. I plan to be there on the 15th anyway.

How about a night drive?

Middle of the week?

Ideas?

My evenings/weekends are mine for the rest of the month. I haven't been on a big drive besides chasing behind friends on motorcycles once or twice in 31 days!

Is anyone itching? No fires.. no rain... no excuses! :)

Sunny

gil, this particular one is being prep for action:D. i expecting that it should be done by the following saturday. one of the part came in wrong which i need to reorder. this small delay will push my completion date to that saturday............after that, lets rockkkkk!!!! hahahaha :D how have you been gil? life is treating good?

coolnsx said:
Calvin, where is this mystery nsx? ;)

:eek: where is that guy Chad been hiding? hahahaha How are ya buddy?

I will be in So. Cal this weekend. Let me know if this drive is on for Sat morning and I will try to work it in. I have a Saturday afternoon event with dad (80th B-day). Leave a message on the cell at 925 200-1427.
Hope to meet some of the So Cal NSX'rs.

Cheers,

Pat Martinez AKA 1NSX2GO

Been a while since we had a group drive, I would be open to suggestions, however, saturday is hectic for me, so I will try matching whatever you guys decide.

:( Want to go but already have plans for the day. Have fun!!!:)

Well, nothing is set in stone yet.

Seems like most are busy this saturday. How about next saturday? That'll give me a chance to get stuff done on my X.

Joel said:
Well, nothing is set in stone yet.

Seems like most are busy this saturday. How about next saturday? That'll give me a chance to get stuff done on my X.
November and December are kinda busy with all of the holidays. I will be out of town next Sat. So maybe I'll catch the next one - enjoy :) :) :) !

I will see some of you at the Crystal Cove Car Show. I bought a new Volk Racing GT-C Rear to replaced my scratched rim and had the front lip repainted to clear the rock chips.

Tan

Sorry I couldn't make it to CC

I ruined my left contact and had to use a very old one in its place, my car was hit two days ago and ruined the left light cluster and dented the fender, minimal paint damage, and Payroll cut out half a paycheck so I came up to LA and put off CC for another day.

I sent some PMs to you regarding next weekend, maybe we can get together ;)

Sunny

i think the f-car club is also doing on the 23rd.....stopping at harrah's..............correct me if i am wrong!!!

okay....11/16--I reread my invitation for the F-car drive on the 23rd, and a fee of $15 bucks per passenger is one of the requirements.:eek:

Sunny, is this the cost to hang out or this fee is going to a good charity? I don't mind paying or donating, but NOT just for a drive and to hang out with the F-car people.

Last edited:
Calvin, the fees for events go towards parking, insurance policy (extremely important since this protects the organizers and participants if wrecks, etc and decides to go after us). I hate to say it, but it also covers being "shorted" at the restaurants for people who dine and dash. Yes, it does happen, and more often then you might think when you have a large group of half friends and half strangers.

Usually the bad apples are the people who jump in via word of mouth and none of us know the person. They are new to the group, don't like it for some reason and since they aren't going to come back, why pay? They think they can get away with it and take advantage of the good will of the group, and they're right. Unless you 'collect at the door' there's no way to catch them or offset this cost besides out of the organizer's pockets. The people expressly invited are good peeps, but like a good house party, someone will eventually show up you've never seen before. :)

If Harrah's won't be charging for reserved spaces, the fee should come down. The Prime group are nothing but class acts, none of us would think of doing this on our Ortega runs. But, in order to get the big turnouts, with exotics and super exotics, you have to make an open invite and you get trouble makers mixed in with honest people.

Sunny

good excuse but valid...okay i feel better now and don't you cut me off aaaaagain!!! hahahaa :D

JaguarXJ6 said:
Calvin, the fees for events go towards parking, insurance policy (extremely important since this protects the organizers and participants if wrecks, etc and decides to go after us). I hate to say it, but it also covers being "shorted" at the restaurants for people who dine and dash. Yes, it does happen, and more often then you might think when you have a large group of half friends and half strangers.

Usually the bad apples are the people who jump in via word of mouth and none of us know the person. They are new to the group, don't like it for some reason and since they aren't going to come back, why pay? They think they can get away with it and take advantage of the good will of the group, and they're right. Unless you 'collect at the door' there's no way to catch them or offset this cost besides out of the organizer's pockets. The people expressly invited are good peeps, but like a good house party, someone will eventually show up you've never seen before. :)

If Harrah's won't be charging for reserved spaces, the fee should come down. The Prime group are nothing but class acts, none of us would think of doing this on our Ortega runs. But, in order to get the big turnouts, with exotics and super exotics, you have to make an open invite and you get trouble makers mixed in with honest people.

Sunny

I also am planning on going if the weather holds and the tasks are completed on Saturday. Look forward to seeing a few NSX's mixed in with the F cars

Back