• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Joined the Club!

Hello everyone! I've been a member here for a few years, mostly lurking and reading about the NC1 and owners' experiences. I'm happy to report that my supercar collection is finally complete. About three years ago, I migrated from the R35 GT-R platform to the 991 Turbo platform by acquiring this:

Exclusive_at_Porsche.jpg

It's a Turbo S but happens to be #375 of 500 coupes built and billed as the Exclusive Series. This is to me the pinnacle of Internal Combustion (ICE); yes, there are more powerful ICE cars, but this is easily the most well-rounded of any car in its league - easy to live with, very tolerant of driver error, its small footprint makes it very maneuverable in the real world, and still very quick in a straight-line as well in corners.

About two years ago, I upgraded my P100D to the Tesla Model S Plaid. Ungodly fast, magic carpet ride with the air suspension and adjustable ride height, nearly 400 miles on a single charge, and practically drives itself thanks to FSD beta; this is the best daily driver in my book.

Plaid_at_RM.jpg

So my ICE to EV transition was complete, except not quite. Ever since the NC1 debuted, I've lusted after it but the numbers always kept me away. My R35 GT-R was just as fast and, being a numbers guy, I couldn't justify the price of admission. But the technology and design of the NSX kept calling to me like a siren, so it was always on my mind. Fast forward some six years, and my dream of owning one came true just recently as I was able to pick up a one-owner 2017 well optioned with most if not all the goodies.

NSX_at_work.jpg

I believe the NC1 needs no introduction, especially in this crowd. It was the missing link in my ICE to EV transition. My collection feels complete...finally!

cars_garage.jpg

Welcome to Prime and nice Hot Wheels collection.
With your taste, I don't think it's complete though.

Welcome to Prime and nice collection! That Nouvelle Blue is such a striking color.
Thank you! Indeed, everyone that sees Nouvelle Blue for the first time has the same reaction.
Welcome to Prime and nice Hot Wheels collection.
With your taste, I don't think it's complete though.
Thank you! And you're absolutely right...the quest is never over! ;)

I may have been off line when you joined
Congratulations and enjoy it in the best of health
Can you provide some details on your spec?
It looks like they did a CF roof but not the rear spoiler (unusual/nice approach)

I may have been off line when you joined
Congratulations and enjoy it in the best of health
Can you provide some details on your spec?
It looks like they did a CF roof but not the rear spoiler (unusual/nice approach)
Thank you! The CF rear spoiler is the only option that wasn't checked which I also thought was unusual but I do like the flow of lines better without the spoiler. Interestingly, the nose beak is in CF which I don't believe was a factory option but absolutely love nonetheless.

NSX_front_2.jpg

Window sticker:

window_sticker.jpg

Beautiful!

I am still stuck in my gen 1 nsx love fest

Thank you! And I don't blame you one bit for that. 😉

Thanks for sharing the window sticker.
I also like the silver calipers (red is so played out and would not coordinate with the other elements of you delightful spec).
Many folks have modified/replaced the beak. Some painted it black, some covered it in faux CF wrap and some went with the CF aftermarket solution.
I used to commute on the road the delivery dealership is located on and am trying to convince myself I had seen your car in the showroom when driving past back in the day.

Now for some coincidence stuff
The granite in my kitchen and epoxy in my garage seems to be very similar to yours
I also have an electric car, a Lucid

Attachments

• IMG_1231 (1) (1) (3).jpg
    IMG_1231 (1) (1) (3).jpg
    178 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1598.jpg
    IMG_1598.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 10
I used to commute on the road the delivery dealership is located on and am trying to convince myself I had seen your car in the showroom when driving past back in the day.
It's a small world, indeed!
Now for some coincidence stuff
The granite in my kitchen and epoxy in my garage seems to be very similar to yours
I also have an electric car, a Lucid
Wow! Isn't that something? Man after my own heart...😊

Now for the Porsche, super collectable, extra wonderful edition.
Have you owned it since new and do you drive it much (I am sure a lot of folks would be jonesing to get that car)?

Now for the Porsche, super collectable, extra wonderful edition.
Have you owned it since new and do you drive it much (I am sure a lot of folks would be jonesing to get that car)?
It sure is. The early days of the pandemic presented a rare opportunity for me to acquire that car. Like most limited edition Porsches, you had to have an invitation to get one new. The original owner bought this one and essentially parked it for two years before selling it back to the dealer from whom I acquired it with 31 miles on the clock! I drive it only on weekends and the occasional trip to local events. As you know, the color (Golden Yellow Metallic) is unique to that series and is a real head turner. CF bonnet, roof, side mirror caps, side skirts, turbo inlets, engine louvers, rear wing, rear diffuser, even the wheels are entirely CF ($15K option!). I imagine its value has gone up since I acquired it, but it's the most special car I've ever owned so it's a keeper.

Exclusive_rear.jpg

Exclusive_wheel.jpg

Fantastic, and they went large/detailed on the interior of those as well
The kind of cars owners put of carousels in the garage
Aren't the stripes unpainted CF?

Fantastic, and they went large/detailed on the interior of those as well
The kind of cars owners put of carousels in the garage
Aren't the stripes unpainted CF?
You know your cars for sure! The interior has the same theme as the exterior with gold cross-stitching and gold threading on the leather to replicate the exterior stripes.

image-28.jpg

Even the CF on the interior is infused with copper to create the gold speckling - attention to detail indeed!

image-24.jpg

And yes, the stripes on the exterior are all exposed CF - a work of art.

Exclusive_bonnet.JPG

Thanks again, just a royal experience in and out
On the flipside, I hate that Musky took so many of the nice elements of the Model S interior out over time
At least give folks the option to have leather, etc. if they want

Thanks again, just a royal experience in and out
On the flipside, I hate that Musky took so many of the nice elements of the Model S interior out over time
At least give folks the option to have leather, etc. if they want
You bet.

Yeah, our first Tesla was a 2017 Model X 100D that had the leather interior which was not an option on the P100D even though it was the same model year. The Energy graph display also went by the wayside on the newer cars. At least, they brought back the steering wheel as an option over the yoke. Elon's law is this: "You can have your Tesla any way you want as long as it's my way" 🤣

Love your Porsche. I recall when it was first introduced. They had everything you could put on the car in a very tasteful way. I was lusting over the car but hoping it would eventually drop in price in the secondary market. That was a mistake for sure! I only have two cars, our 2017 NSX and a 2020 Tesla Model X. The NSX Hybrid is truly a transitional sports car. Surprisingly, many owners here would prefer the car without the hybrid setup.

I purchased mine because it was a transitional hybrid. Anyway happy you have joined our group. Take a look at the Facebook NSX Second generation group. You will find around 300 + NC1 owners there. Also there is a section where many important NSX documents are available.

Love your Porsche. I recall when it was first introduced. They had everything you could put on the car in a very tasteful way. I was lusting over the car but hoping it would eventually drop in price in the secondary market. That was a mistake for sure! I only have two cars, our 2017 NSX and a 2020 Tesla Model X. The NSX Hybrid is truly a transitional sports car. Surprisingly, many owners here would prefer the car without the hybrid setup.

I purchased mine because it was a transitional hybrid. Anyway happy you have joined our group. Take a look at the Facebook NSX Second generation group. You will find around 300 + NC1 owners there. Also there is a section where many important NSX documents are available.

Agree on all counts, especially that the NSX NC1 is a transitional hybrid and also the reason why I got one. Love the Gen 1, but to say the NC1 doesn't live up to the "NSX" moniker is completely missing the point. If it were analog like the original, it simply would no longer be a "New" Sportscar Experience.

Welcome! Congratulations on your NSX.

I would recommend you also head over to NSX Club of America and become a member. Membership is very cheap and has it's benefits:

www.nsxca.org

Thank you! I'll join both groups.

Back