• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Juan Manuel Marquez v. Manny Pacquiao - v.3

Anyone watching their 3rd fight tonight?

I will, I want marquez to win but bet on Pacquiao :)

I just finished watching their first fight, what a fight and comeback from Marquez after Pacquiao knocked him down 3 times in the first round. About to watch their second fight.

Done watching fight 2. It was another close fight. Had Marquez not gone down earlier, that would have been his fight for sure.

Out of the Pacquiao fights that I have seen, Marquez gave him the best fights. It's sure gonna be another good fight, and here's to Marquez finally stopping the Pac Man.

Anyone watching their 3rd fight tonight?

gayalarm2.gif

Agreed. Marquez got screwed BIG TIME.

That's some bullshit. When you have Freddy Roach in your corner telling you you're losing the fight, and we can clearly see defeat all over your face, you know you lost Pacman. Marquez pretty much dominated every round.

Marquez threw calculated counter punches, never hurt Pacquiao. As the announcers mentioned, Marquez's style is what makes him competitive. Manny landed many good punches of his own. Though he was the more active fighter, Pacquiao was more cautious in this one. He has much more to lose now than he did in his previous two fights. It's widely known that boxing experts share the belief that a challenger must TAKE the title from the champ. Marquez didn't do enough to convince the right people that he beat Pacquiao.

Marquez threw calculated counter punches, never hurt Pacquiao. As the announcers mentioned, Marquez's style is what makes him competitive. Manny landed many good punches of his own. Though he was the more active fighter, Pacquiao was more cautious in this one. He has much more to lose now than he did in his previous two fights. It's widely known that boxing experts share the belief that a challenger must TAKE the title from the champ. Marquez didn't do enough to convince the right people that he beat Pacquiao.

That i also agree. I hope his next fight he will be back to himself he seemed a little out of it not in the pocket.

It's widely known that boxing experts share the belief that a challenger must TAKE the title from the champ. Marquez didn't do enough to convince the right people that he beat Pacquiao.

If that's the case, then I agree Marquez didn't do enough. He won the fight, but it wasn't a landslide victory. If it requires he punish Pacman to take the title from him, then he didn't meet that requirement.

Im filipino so im automatically a pacman fan

But

I think mayweather will take the win when goes against pacman in may. Im sure he watched the fight, and he clearly beat marquez when they met.

If pacquiao fights mayweather like he dis marquez, pac will lose

Marquez fought on par with Manny but didn't actually beat him in my opinion. I thought that judges were going to give it to Marquez because he kind of stepped it up in the last couple of rounds. But looking at the activity level throughout the entire fight Manny seemed to be more of the aggressor (He was mostly stepping forward while Marquez was mostly stepping back/side). So I agree with the decision for him to get the win.

Last edited:
Pacquiao is just lulling Mayweather into feeling false confidence, at least enough to get into the ring so that we can finally see the fight that everyone wants. :p

Pacquiao is just lulling Mayweather into feeling false confidence, at least enough to get into the ring so that we can finally see the fight that everyone wants. :p

Hmm interesting so you think Manny and his team were sandbagging the fight so that Mayweather would think he is weaker than he really is? I don't think that is the case though it sounds like Manny wants to do a 4th rematch with Marquez because he didn't feel satisfied with his performance.

Marquez fought on par with Manny but didn't actually beat him in my opinion. I thought that judges were going to give it to Marquez because he kind of stepped it up in the last couple of rounds. But looking at the activity level throughout the entire fight Manny seemed to be more of the aggressor (He was mostly stepping forward while Marquez was mostly stepping back/side). So I agree with the decision for him to get the win.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8xC2wmRHJ7Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back